Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pondering :: Time

.. .. .. ... ... .... .. .. .. . ... .... .. .. . ... .. .. . .. .. .. .
To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.  ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1 

My hands were busy through the day.
I didn't have much time to play
The little games you asked me to;
I didn't have much time for you.
I'd wash your clothes, I'd sew and cook,
But when you'd bring your picture book,
I'd say, "A little later in the day."
I'd tuck you in all safe at night,
And hear your prayers, turn out the light,
Then tiptoe softly to the door...
I'd wish I'd stayed a little more.
For life is short, the years rush past...
A little child grows up so fast.
They are no longer at your side,
Their precious secrets to confide.
The picture books are put away.
No goodnight kiss, no prayers to hear...
My hands, once busy, now are still.
The days are long and hard to fill.
I wish I could go back and do
The little things you asked me to. 

To My Grown-Up Child ~ Author Unknown

      ****
Is time slipping from your hands? 
Just something to ponder today.  Will you join me? 

5 comments:

  1. Bevy! Those pictures are STUNNING!!!! Love the close up of the blossoms! The tree blossoms this year have taken my breath away many times- exclaiming how beautiful the Creator certainly is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. They get me every time. Thanks for your comment here. It means much. Listen. I'm not trying to be nosy... but as I was pulling this quote/poem from this Prayers & PB book...I got to thinking about you. :) Ironically!! And, if I recall correctly... you won a copy of this book from one of my Giveaways. Correct?

      What I was wondering was. Have you found any time to thumb through it yet? And, if so... what do you think of it? ((ps: it's one of my favorite go-to books...))

      Thanks for being such a dear and always-encouraging friend. You are!!

      Delete
  2. These words I have read before, but now that my children are older Oh How I Long for those times once more... Mother and Child .... and if your children are still small, Take time to Savor these Precious Once in a Lifetime Days... Make Memories .... Bless all of the mother's out there today... Thanks Bevy for posting this... I hope your Mother's Day is a BLessed One...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, Bevy! The years slip by so quickly! It's hard to believe my Katie is16 now. *sigh*
    Your pictures are beautiful! :-)
    Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day. Your children are really growing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm....this makes me want to SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to run upstairs to my sleeping babes and snuggle them all up!!! Thanks a lot - way to rub it in! ;) Beautiful - but makes me feel guilty - this really echoes something that has been on my heart as of late - way to drive it home! ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...