Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Quiet Reminder

. .. .. .. .. ..... .. .. ... .. ... .. ..... .. .. . . .... .. . .. .
One evening, the girls and I decided to take a quiet little stroll... not knowing what we'd find, I grabbed the camera.  Enroute, I encouraged the three of us to watch and listen; pay careful attention to the sights and sounds of flowers or birds, etc.

We were enjoying - plenty!  The birds were singing.  The flowers were alive and vibrant.
Even better!  To our surprise!  What did we see, next?

A rainbow.

This rainbow appeared out of nowhere. So it seemed.  But, was it though?
God placed a bow in the clouds.. (Genesis 9:13)

It hadn't been raining, as of yet...although I could tell it might soon start.  
I knew it was somewhere, off in the distance!!

This all kind of caught me off guard, as this rainbow wasn't expected..
I wasn't looking for one.  Oft other times... I KNOW when to look for a rainbow.
After a storm.  Right?

Through it all...
I was reminded afresh of God's Promises.

There are storms in life.
Sometimes in the midst of those storms, we forget.  We're not anticipating.  We're not even aware that we need shelter.  We might need rescue.  We need surety.  We need solid ground.
Sometimes we just need that simple reminder of the faithfulness of our God.
He is our Rock!  Our Fortress.  Our Promise!!
Even before the next storm comes...we need to be clinging.

I will be with you, I will not leave you nor forsake you... 
The LORD, your God is with you wherever you go. ~ Joshua 1:5,9

Every word of God proves true. 
 He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.  ~Proverbs 30:5 ESV 

and, there are so, SO many more!
***
Do you need this quiet reminder, today?
Take heart...
You are not alone.

Be still, my heart; for faithful is thy Lord,
And pure and true and tried His holy Word;
Though stormy flood which rageth as the sea,
His promises thy stepping stones shall be. ~ Anonymous

2 comments:

  1. Be Still and Know I Am God! is what came to my mind when I read this... It's my favorite verse to calm me down... Thanks for sharing this Bevy.... Hope you are having a blessed day... hugs dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when the unexpected happens...okay, I LOVE when something beautiful happens. ;o)
    I'm so thankful that you have the time to spend strolling with your girlies.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...