Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Five Minute Friday :: Release

.. .. ... . .... . .. .... .. ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. . . . .. .. .. .. . .. .. .. . . .

Following along with Lisa-Jo Baker and Five Minute Friday.  It where we are setting the timer for 5 minutes...no holding back.  No over thinking or stressing about grammar.  Just pouring out the heart...and being real!  I really appreciate Lisa's own words today...under this prompt.  Wow!

Five Minute Friday

:: Go ::
They say that love isn't love until you give it away.  I think about that.
How can something be given in the first place if there isn't a willingness to be open.

A hand will hold a lot of things.
a dandelion puff
a butterfly
a bird
a balloon

All those things can be held but with an open hand will quickly be released.  Their own will or the one holding?

Love is like this.
It can't be given unless there is a willingness to let it go.

Something deeper and from within is really the source of that will.  I'd like to think (because I know) that there is a Someone.
A someone who has willingly, open handedly released his love towards me in order that I might do likewise.

This is quite a moment...I will, I get to do this.  I don't have to.  Because left to my own.  I won't.


He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?  ~ Romans 8:32 

:: stop ::

****

I'm thankful for each one you, my readers and friends.  Thank you for coming by each and every time and be willing to give back - an encouragement, a comment, an email; just something to say you care.

May your weekend be a blessing to you and others with whom you cross paths...

God bless!

8 comments:

  1. Love this post! Stopping by from Five Minute Fridays. Enjoyed your space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words spoke to my heart this evening - just what I needed to hear right now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post today! It is true! We do need to be willing to let it go and there is only One who makes us willing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I care! I love yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bevy, beautiful post...I kept thinking about you today. My husband had just recently reconnected with a cousin of his that we hadn't seen in about 30 years. He was going to be in our area and wanted to stop by. We had the most lovely time all afternoon. You kept coming to mind about how much you love to offer hospitality. I love to as well but sometimes it's difficult with my son's care, he's completely physically disabled and is dependent on us for all his care. However, I went into this so open to whatever God had in store for us today and boy did He bless us tremendously with our visit. I'm looking forward to when we get to do it again. Which all of this ties in with your post today with a willingness to let go and share His love. Thank you again for all the encouragement of sharing with what is so near and dear to your own heart...hospitality. Reading your posts over the last few years has been encouraging to me knowing what God would want me to do. Have a great weekend. Melanie P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie - this brought me to tears, right away. What a beautiful testimony to God's care for you...I'm so glad you had such a great day! Letting go. Look how much more, MORE you received... the hand that opens (releases) to give is the only way it will be able to receive in return...open!

      I hope I get the privilege to meet you some day. You seem like such a precious, kindred spirit. Blessings again, my friend..

      Delete
  6. Bevy, I loved this... I hope your weekend is a wonderful one as well.... Hugs dear girl...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your post. Love the title of the blog. Love your bio. It all fits so nicely together. Treasuring up and pondering will allow us to more easily release, I think. And to love, because our cup will be full. All of it certainly made a positive impact for me today. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from FMF - on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...