Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

{read this carefully} Watch The Corners

. .. .. .... . .... . .. ... .... .. .. .... .. ..... .. .. ... .. ... .
Watch The Corners

When you wake up in the morning of a chill and cheerless day,
And feel inclined to grumble, pout or frown,
Just glance into your mirror and you will quickly see
It's just because the corners of your mouth turn down.
Then take this simple rhyme,
Remember it in time:
It's always dreary weather, in countryside or town,
When you wake and find the corners of your mouth turned down.

If you wake up in the morning full of bright and happy thoughts
And begin to count your blessings in your cup,
Then glance into your mirror and you will quickly see
It's all because the corners of your mouth turn up.
Then take this simple rhyme,
Remember all the time:
There's joy a-plenty in this world to fill life's silver cup
If you'll only keep the corners of your mouth turned up. 
~ Lula Linton, in Youth's Companion, Feb. 6. 1902

***
Are you encouraged by this lovely reminder, today?  I am.
I needed this reminder...despite my blessings!

Thank you, for any and all birthday wishes - sent my way, yesterday!

I am very blessed.  I really, really am.  My husband took the day off of work - in order to watch our three children and in giving me the opportunity to take a friend, with me, to Lancaster, Co. - all day SHOPPING! - he also watched her four children... as part of the deal.  What a wonderful day - all around.

We came home to a take-out Pizza supper and the surprise of a home-baked Cherry Pie, awaiting...
brought over by another dear friend.  Yumm!

How much sweeter could a day be?

Jesus!
He truly is the joy-giver, and the blessing filler-upper.



3 comments:

  1. Bevy, what a wonderful day for you... and I am sure it was well-deserved... and dinner when you got home... priceless... So glad you had a wonderful birthday... loved this post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really late getting around to blog reading today. Spent the day in the kitchen prepping meals for the freezer for my hubby so he can have good wholesome meals in my absence when I go to spend a week with our daughter in a couple of weeks! Anyway...just wanted to stop in and tell you how delighted I was to hear about your beautiful birthday day! How awesome to come home to pizza and a HOMEMADE cherry pie!

    I'm doing the post tomorrow that will have your Rhubarb Cream Delight recipe and link back to your blog! I really hope that folks will make use of the link and come to see what a lovely blog you have.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bev,
    Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! From the Anders Gang!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...