Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Rhubarb Cream Delight

. .. .... .. .. .. ... .. ... .. ... .. ...... .. ... ... .. .. ... .. .
Back, Memorial Day - I decided to make this particular dessert... thinking, I had "never" made it before. I just knew I needed to give it a try.  I thought, to myself, that it sounded like a lovely, seasonally-appropriate and a tad on the patriotic side; enough to take to a picnic.  It was a huge hit!!  Even my son loved it!  To which, he requested another recipe be made of it for alongside his Chocolate Lego birthday cake. :)

I happily obliged.

And...then! I realized...
I had made it before and even posted the recipe here, on the blog, a couple of years ago!  
Oh!  Silly me!  However, it is so good.

So, I know you won't mind if I just go ahead and share it all over again, right here.  I won't even make you follow through on a link-to-it (unless you want to)....its right here for you.  Right now!!


Rhubarb Cream Delight
Crust:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter

Rhubarb Layer:
3 cups fresh rhubarb, cut in 1/2" pieces
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. flour

Cream Layer:
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs

Topping:
8 oz. dairy sour cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

For crust, mix flour sugar and butter; pat into 10" pie plate.  Set aside.  For rhubarb layer, combine rhubarb, sugar, and flour; toss lightly and pour into crust.  Bake at 375* for about 15 minutes.  Meanwhile, prepare cream layer by beating together cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in eggs one at a time, then pour over hot rhubarb layer.  Bake at 350* for about 30 minutes or until almost set.  Combine topping ingredients; spread over hot layers.  Chill.
Yield: 12-16 servings.

** Delicious combination of cheesecake and tart rhubarb.  If you're fond of both of these, then it's a wonderful, wonderful dessert-choice for you!

Of course, it goes down best with a cup of coffee and a friend by your side!

***

Too little to keep, too much to dump....
That's what makes the housewives plump.

You can smile, but I attest.  I might resemble this statement. :)
Enjoy your day!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Bevy! That has my mouth watering! I definitely want to give this a try! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looooooove Rhubarb!! This looks so
    good!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...