Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, June 30, 2014

In what could be a Beautiful Mess. {a repost}

. . .. . ... . . .. . .  ..  .. .. .... .. .. .. .. ... .. .. .
Families are Messy.  Are they not?

Then again... most any, if not all relationships are (or, can get) messy.  Shew!  that is one mouthful, but I think you'll agree... they can also be some of life's greatest blessings.

I recently read somewhere if you want a perfect relationship - get a goldfish.  I find that somewhat humorous.  But true.  And yet, there are no goldfish here.  Period.

Relationships, within families, are such a pain.  Pardon me - as I liken it to a window pane.


Say you're looking out, your window, on the ones you love.  You can clearly see what they're doing, how they're living life, what they are NOT doing.  But because of fear of breaking the glass (you know -that fragile wall) between us we'll often pull the shade and pretend we don't notice.

Isn't this so sad?  And yet, it's truly said of all of us.  We've all done this very thing.  The question to ask is, this.  Are we willing to risk shattering their world (and ours) in order to "clean" the glass window of their souls?

Why is it the ones that you love the most, that makes it harder to "hurt"?  Not hurt to hurt, but hurt to heal.

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful - Proverbs  27:6 (KJV)

Ultimately, God is their true Redeemer - but he does use us... as in Iron on Iron to sharpen:

  • Spouse to Spouse
  • Sibling to Sibling
  • Daughter or Son to Parent and vice versa
  • In-laws & "Out-laws"
  • friend to friend
  • co-worker to co-worker
  • as neighbors?


How does this work?  Scripture reminds us...

There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears is not made perfect in love.  ~ I John 4:18
Pray First.

Pray.

And, Pray some more.

An idea for why it might be so hard, is this:  "God's grace needs to be evident in our hearts and life first.  It's really hard to extend grace to someone else if we haven't received grace well - ourselves. "   (31 days of Grace)
Emily Freeman | Chatting at the Sky

Because.  Without {it} we have no business knocking out window panes...

Broken glass- just to have broken glass lying around is NOT a Beautiful Mess.  It's just plain - messy!

May Grace and Forgiveness - both lead and follow us, all our days!
***
Originally posted here as : Families are Messy

As well, I'm linking up again, today, with JES.

Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

6 comments:

  1. This is very insightful. Food for thought.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Bevy, I am having internet problems, I tried to post twice but each time, it kicked me out... so maybe I shouldn't comment on this... TOday anyway... lol.... maybe its meant for me to be quiet... I will say I love this and can so relate to it all... Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wisdom. Thank you. I needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bevy, what you wrote is so true. Scripture writes to rebuke gently and perhaps that is the key... If our motives are pure, I pray that God give us wisdom and the person in our life to feel His grace as we do so... It may hurt at first but hopefully, with prayer, there will be healing... Very thoughtful post... Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I took a peak at your Etsy store. I must say that your "Along Garden's Path - classic small tote" is absolutely darling :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...