Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, July 18, 2014

Five Minute Friday :: Bloom

.. ... .. ... .. .. ... .. .... .. .. .. .. .. .. ... .... .. . .. .
Taking 5 minutes and writing raw and real.  Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker and Five Minute Friday!
See all the details HERE - and you're welcome to join in, as well.

Today's prompt is:  Bloom


:: go ::
It's always neat to see a relationship grow, a friendship blossom and bloom.
However, sometimes the overwhelming sense of life isn't conducive to its potential.
If you know what I mean?
Life happens.
There's a fade.
A waning.
Sometimes these blooms aren't bright enough? or healthy? or happy?
Is is always due to the 'outside' circumstances and situations that alter this?

I think it's deeper than that.

Underneath the surface, what can't be seen, is really the telltale of what bloom will look like as it grows...

Where are you plugging in at?
Who are you drawing from?
Is it a rich reward that is being sought after?

We all know about roots.
It's really and truly the source that feeds those roots that will allow the bloom, any bloom, to flourish and multiply.  In the most beautiful of ways...or not!

I wonder if you would agree.  We have a choice.

A choice in how we're going to bloom.

:stop:
(How can five minutes go by so quickly? I wonder...)
~~
Just to add here, yet.  I am encouraged by a few verses in Psalm 18, that read...

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out  of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy. from my foes, who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in my day of disaster, but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

and another several verses from...
Jeremiah 17: 5-10
I'm hoping you'll find a few extra minutes to read this portion of Scripture, as well.  These verses couldn't say it any better. (of course, it's God's Word!)  But... they, interestingly enough, are really what I was trying to say - to get across in my five minutes of .... whatever you want to call it. :)

Let your roots run deep.  For surely then will you be in a state of healthful beauty {and bloom}!

***
Thank you, for reading along today!

May you have a wonderful weekend!!  And, God bless...

4 comments:

  1. Hummm...
    I think you said it very well. Adding the Word is just what it takes, for all of us, to complete any thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts here, Bevy, to get me thinking. Thank you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I am going to include those Jeremiah verses in my devotion time today. As a high school teacher, I have seen many examples of what you said. Two kids could come from equally dysfunctional homes with some abuse thrown in and one will be studying and working hard with a voracious determination to have a better life. That student's attitude is upbeat and positive except on really bad days. The other student is just the opposite with no work ethic, no determination, and a terrible attitude. Each one chose a different way to handle what life had dealt them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely written ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...