Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hymn :: Oh Lord, Within my Soul

. .. .. .. ... .. .. .. .. .... .. .. .. .. .... .. .. ... .. .. .. . .
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. ~ Psalm 51:10

This hymn, Oh Lord, Within my Soul, has just been on my heart and lips throughout today... 
Feel free to hum (and pray!) along with me, if you'd like.

Has this ever happened to you?
You wake up, one morning, and outta the clear blue there comes a song.  A hymn from "a long time ago"...
Something that makes you stop!
And, ponder...
Where and why that one... now?

All that to say..
I've been enjoying the quiet of this day; this hymn and the gentle reminder to settle into my Saviour's arms.
Resting in HIS PRESENCE.
He is, within my soul.


Oh Lord, Within My Soul

O Lord, within my soul,
I long for purity,
To be complete and whole
Alone through Thee.

There is no other hope,
There is no other plea;
Salvation, full salvation free,
Must come alone through Thee.

I bend before Thy cross,
And know my heart can be
Cleansed from its sin and dross
Alone through Thee.

There is no other hope,
There is no other plea;
Salvation, full salvation free,
Must come alone through Thee.

I pray at Thy dear feet,
Salvation full entreat,
And want to feel my love
In Thee complete.

There is no other hope,
There is no other plea;
Salvation, full salvation free,
Must come alone through Thee.

My faith Thy Word believes,
The promise made to me,
And perfect peace receives
Alone through Thee.

There is no other hope,
There is no other plea;
Salvation, full salvation free,
Must come alone through Thee.

***

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely - I don't know this hymn- I don't know all that many of them though! I really like your photo!!! Very nice!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...