Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Yorkshire Pizza {Bevy style}

. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..... . .. ... .. .. . .. .. . .. . .
Oh!  Creativity got the better of me again the other night.  I can't help it sometimes...it's the way I fly.

Around here, this busy time of summer and its heat - and it truly depends on the day or the meal - we rely on easy to get us through.  This is a pizza recipe that I found in one of my Mennonite cookbooks that has become a dear favorite...for sure!

Yorkshire Pizza
1/4 cup butter
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp. salt.
sprinkle of garlic salt, oregano and parsley (opt.)

Melt butter in a 8"x 12" glass pan (or baking stone) at 425*.  (**here is where sometimes I'll sprinkle in my seasonings...just to incorporate this into the crust better)
Beat flour, eggs, milk and salt (hand whisk) until smooth.  Pour into HOT pan.  Put pizza sauce on, then other pizza toppings.  Sprinkle with oregano and top with cheese.  Bake at 400* for 15-20 minutes.

Sometimes I make it plain - without all the pizza fixin's, baking it as is - and serve it alongside another dish...which this is the most familiar way to eat this, known either as Popovers or Yorkshire Pudding, to a lot of folks.  I know.

So...basically.  I took the "recipe" and doubled the ingredients - browning the butter (1/2 cup) in my large Pampered Chef  Bar Stone baker.

This is where the creativity in the kitchen and I are best of friends.  Anything is possible (at least once)... and as my kids are currently singing...Everything is awesome!  (usually)  Except over certain food ingredients..but hey!  They're asked to take a thank-you bite, and move on!

For this recipe:  I had on hand - some ham that needed to be used.  So, on one corner/side of this "Pizza"... I did throw on some sauce, with a bit of the diced ham and mozzarella cheese (for the kids).  On the other side...again, I threw on diced ham.  I added some sliced onion, shredded mozzarella; topping it with fresh sliced mushrooms, and trimmed fresh asparagus and a sprinkle of seasonings such as oregano, parsley and garlic.  I should have added more garlic salt and herbs... but! - there is always next time.

** I loved the idea I had to throw on the asparagus - raw.  It totally came out like a roasted veggie would... due to the high temps with which I baked it at.

Sprinkle with Parm! Serve with a smile and enjoy...



***

What is one of your quick go-to dinners for the Summertime?


Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

**Just thought I would add this post to this link-up!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that does look good. I would probably make it vegetarian and I love the idea of asparagus on top for summertime flavor! Our favorite quick summer time recipe is grilled quesadillas with fresh salsas loaded with herbs, onion, garlic, avocados and garden ripe tomatoes, yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name but I really like the picture!
    My mouth is watering right now. Asparagus mmmmm... great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bevy...this sounds and looks fantastic! I'm gonna give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!

    If this is half as good as Stromboli, I'm in!!!

    Such good photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bevy, thanks for sharing your culinary arts on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...