Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Five Minute Friday :: Begin

... . .. .... .. ... ... .. .. .. ... .. .. .... .. . .. . .. .. . .
Taking the plunge towards trying this one more time...
I always feel so inadequate to say the right thing... and to keep it clear and concise!
Five minutes is hard!  To get it all out there; not perfectly, but just enough...
Today's prompt, ironically, is:  begin.  And, that's what I've got to do.

:: go ::
The end of the matter is better than its beginning and patience is better than pride. 
 That is a verse I clung to - all during my single years.  It's a verse from Ecclesiastes...


We say to one another often... what if?
What if we had never met?
 What if there wouldn't have been a hello?  Nor a nod or smile?
 What if we wouldn't have shared that first exchange...or what if, what if, what if?
It all had to start somewhere.
In the before...
there was a lot of wait, and angst and confusion
in the middle a lot of prayer and patience.
So, there had to be a beginning at some point, right?

It all had to start with a step over the line
A step of faith.
A trust factor that only began with a push of the will behind it.

The end is still far off... and Lord willing it will be for awhile.
We still have each other and are so grateful
He led us together.
He knew we needed to be as one!
He knows our frame he remembers that we are dust.
We need to remember our beginning truly came because of His will for lives.

We can get hung up on the what ifs...
or we can continue to go forward with the now.

Everyday brings another chance to begin again!
::stop::

Linking up with Lisa-Jo, for her last time of hosting this:

Five Minute Friday

The baton has been passed on to someone else - to host! - for next time, and the next and the next!!
***
I thank you, for reading!
Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm your neighbor at FMF. You are right, every relationship has to have a beginning. I am thankful that God brought you and your husband together. As I write this comment, I see a picture of your beautiful family. God has certainly blessed your beginning--may he continue to bless your day to day! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, and saying hello, too!

      I didn't say this in the post but with us meeting via eHarm*ny... oh, so many years ago...so many times we truly do forget our surreal meeting. Never wouldn't thunk it.. :)...a possibility!!

      But it truly was God's Sovereignty - at work!! We thank Him!!

      Delete
  2. I rather love the quote on the side about coffee, it is even hard to sleep after a good book. Your blog is beautifully designed. Five Minute Friday Friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for your and Scott's beginning!! Amazing how The Lord works things out!

    I like how I began a blog and through it began a friendship!!

    I think these five minute things are neat! I've yet to try it myself though....seems like it could be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would be so great at this FMF, stuff!! I love your blog, your writing, your style, your thoughts, your photos...

      Kaitlin - you'd rock it!!

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...