Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Parsley pickin's

... .... .... .. .... .. .. ... ..... .. ... .... ... ... ... ... ... .. . ..
There is great comfort knowing parsley has been happily a part of my flower bed garden...for all summer long!  Nothing quite like it.  Stepping outdoors and plucking off a "bunch" whenever needed...it's simply perfect!!

This goes for the basil too... but, that's already gone to seed and we know what I like to do with that? :)


Well, it's time to harvest, dry and store the parsley.

Before this guy gets to it all - first!
Actually, he and three of his best buds were having quite the feast this morning...
***
Undecided, still, exactly which method for  drying the parsley I would like to implement.

Any particular recommendation?

As well, I'm interested in hearing your favorite uses for parsley.

5 comments:

  1. I am not sure about how to successfully dry herbs for cooking but I love to dry them just to hang for decor..Your pic of the caterpillar was great.. they love herbs...and who could blame them..Have a great weekend.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a Dehydrator would do the trick if you have one... or maybe there is an oven method... Anyway, looks lovely except for Mr. Caterpillar... Take care... XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear.. Your herbs look wonderful.. I love putting parsley in a Tabouli Salad... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty, and practical. My parsley is just about to 'come back' after our winter. There's plenty of basil, growing strong. I once grew and dried oregano. So flavourful and easy to dry by tying the stalks with an elastic band and leaving in a dark room for a few months. I did wash the oregano first.
    Blessings, Dotti :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your parsley is doing well! I hang dry and crush all of my dried herbs, then store in an airtight container. But if you want to get the most flavor out of them, here is a good link for you

    http://awaytogarden.com/how-to-freeze-parsley-chives-and-other-herbs/

    I do this with most any herbs. Basil and parsley especially. And I make them using the pesto method then freeze in ice cubes.

    Did you know that parsley is not only good to add to cooked meals as an herb, but it's medicinal too!
    Check this out:

    http://juicing-for-health.com/basic-nutrition/healing-vegetables/health-benefits-of-parsley.html

    I add a handful to carrot apple juice every once in a while and I think that juicing it is the best way to benefit from the nutrition. I will admit that it does have a strong flavor, but it doesn't take much to reap the benefit of this wonderful herb!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...