Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pickle Relish Recipe and Garden Chatter

. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... .. .... ... .. .... .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. 

Pickle Relish
~~
8 cups cucumbers, finely chopped or grated**
1 cup onion, grated**
1 T. salt
3/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup water
3 cups sugar
1 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. turmeric

Mix cucumbers and onion.  Let stand 1 hour.  Drain.  In large kettle combine all ingredients.  Boil for 20 minutes and put in hot, clean canning jars.  Seal.

Delicious and ever oh so easy!!

** I just used my food processor.  It made this task of chopping or grating even easier..

***
So, how are you doing today?

I'm loving this day of cooler temperatures.  The kids are all home and I'm watching my cousin's 9 year old...
A lot of action, both of the real and make believe.  Oh, and there's lots of banter and chattering going on here today, as well!!

We've been picking green beans by the handfuls, out of my flower garden, here and there, just enjoying them for snacking on.  I hear there are more beans to pick, in a couple of days, from up at my Aunt's garden.  She lives about a half hour away... but its where we ended up (helping to) putting in a garden.  We'll share the bounty with my Mom and of course my Aunt Mary whose place it is and where the garden is located.  All I really cared about was planting some string beans for freezing, red beets to pickle and can, and reaping the bounty (Lord willing!) of a few more cucumbers.  We'll gladly take in a few ears of fresh corn and tomatoes for eating...here and there... along with a zucchini or two.

I'd like to can up some more of that salsa because we threw in a few hot peppers, into that garden, and I do know who and where I can get more,  if needed. :)

Perhaps, some more zucchini jam is in order to!
Have you ever heard of such a thing?  Another kitchen secret... jam from zucchini!

The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof...
~ Psalm 24:1


May the peace of the Lord fill your heart and home today!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh sounds like you have been busy in the kitchen . All your canning looks ans sounds wonderful , oh I love pickled beets and bread n butter pickles . I remember the days mum and I would sit on the porch and do the beans abs shuck the peas when we were on the farm watching the chickens and their antics . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh if only I had the time to do all those great things like gardening and canning. But working full time doesn't allow me to. Maybe when I retire. Enjoy the bounty God has given you. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bevy, Yummy things you are making... Isn't it wonderful? I love it all... and with all the kiddos...
    Hope your day is going great... just got a call that a Bushel of Tomatoes is on my way... which is a blessing for sure... I just finished Salsa yesterday... plus I froze some as well... I love all this canning goodness...Anyway, take care ... XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bevy,

    We have just sent you a message through email regarding our project.

    myTaste.com is a social platform for recipe blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web and share/save recipes.

    We only index first image of your recipe and to see your full recipe, the visitor must go to your blog/site.

    If you like it, you can join through here

    www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    This is one way to share your recipes to the world and it can also help you to increase your blog traffic.

    Full information has been sent to your email.

    Have a good day!

    Kind regards,

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good looking recipe. I love opening a jar of summer like this in the middle of winter. I'm preparing to try my hand at some chow chow. Never made this before but I have a good recipe I've tried. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...