Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

{day 1} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: Where you Stood

. .... . .... ... .... .. .... .... .. ... .. ... ... .. .. .... .. 

:: Where you stood ::

Oh, be careful little feet where you go...
the song lyrics fill my heart and stir my mind.

I glance down and see my position --
my feet --
Echoes of my kids voices interrupt mine...
they mirror, 
they follow me...

Where I stand plays a huge role in mothering and in the home.
It means that where I stand matters.
Where I'm going matters.
Who I stand beside and in front of and behind.

What I believe in matters.

They're watching. 
Whether I realize it or not.  
Whether I like it or not.

I've learned, so far, in Motherhood that where you've stood... well, the footprints
have no time to fade away.  They're already being replaced with another --- by another...

Just listen to the voices and watch the play(ing) that fill the rooms of the home.
Wait and see if there isn't a shadow that dares to fall across yours and fill your shoes.

***
Children are like wet cement;
whatever falls on them makes an impression.  ~ unknown

There are two ways of spreading light.
Be the candle or be the mirror that reflects it. 
~  Edith Wharton

***
 Participating in: 31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/Photography Challenge
To keep abreast of this series, I will be updating this link - on a daily basis.

4 comments:

  1. Words of wisdom spoken here today, Bevy. Thanks so much for sharing about those steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that song will be in my head all day. "There's a Father up above, who is looking down with love. So be careful little feet where you go."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts!! Works so well with both challenges!! I like the wet cement quote...well like...as in convicting! ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pictures of feet. What a neat series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...