Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

{day 2} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: Lunchtime

. ... ... ... ... .... ... ... ... .... ... .. .. .... .. .. .. . .

I'm beginning to see that the things 

that really matter 

take place not in the board rooms, but in 

the kitchens of the world. 

 ~ Gary Sledge

***
:: Lunchtime ::

Gather round, little ones...

I wish it were always said this pleasantly...
but, they come and we do.

We gather round.

Oft times we talk of things we know nothing about.
It's loud and messy.

And yet, there are days when the things that really matter are shared.

Mostly it's time...
thoughts, ideas and advice.

There's learning and apologies.
Songs and tall tales. Yes! those...

Stories and silence...
sometimes even a bite!

It's lunchtime!

We share.

That pivotal... time of transition.
From an earlier toy-time to the now readying for the rest of the day.

There's anticipation...
and direction.

A few more swigs and a wipe of the mouth with the back of the hand... er, not the shirt?  Where is it that napkin?

Manners come and manners go...

The should-be and most times remembered, "May I please be excused?"

Yes! I say, and remember...
there is more where this came from.

Gather round little ones, Gather round...
***

Participating in:  31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/ Photography Challenge.
I'll be daily updating this link, HERE, so that you can keep up with any entries you may have missed!

6 comments:

  1. The quote by Gary Sledge is GREAT!
    Might have to borrow it.

    Love this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, great minds think alike! Quotes and kids eating! ;)

    Yes, napkins, NOT the shirt! Sheesh!! lol!

    Oh almost forgot to say how much I like your photo!!! Lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bevy, I always leave encouraged and blessed from you blog! Yes, enjoy every moment with those precious little ones...Have a great Fall Week! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote, and I especially love the sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this...especially, "to the now readying for the rest of the day." That is what I want to remember to get me to the lunch table (I often just snack instead) and to leave the table with the thought that I am now ready for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Sweet Bevy
    These precious moments are treasured… especially as I remember them from years gone by. How quickly they all went; far too quickly for me. Our times like this were in the morning over coffee and cocoa as we were all waking up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...