Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

{day 11} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: Something close up...

. .... .. ..... .. .... ... ... .. ... ..... .... . .. .. . .. .. . .. .

:Something close up...:

She was coloring at the table and ripping pages and crumpling up the pieces... I don't know, I wasn't really paying much attention.  When she handed off this tiny, no bigger than a penny, piece of crumpled paper - I saw it as just that for a while.   Trash!

Moments later... it caught my eye - again!  This time, I saw it in a whole new art form.  Do you see what I see?  I see something bigger.  A rocket.  An airplane.  A form of art.  Total and pure coincidence, for sure, but nonetheless...

I see Motherhood and home life in this tiny piece of "art".  Maybe rather, I mean to say, I see the way I view Motherhood and home life in this tiny piece of art.

When...it's the little things that keep me smiling and going strong and it's also the very sort of little thing that make me want to take off and up and away on the nearest jet plane and well, ... you know what I mean.

How do you choose to view the little things that come your way? 
It is the little things that matter or make up the most of difference.  Amen?


My desire is keep working on keeping perspective as perspective ...as something close up... and not something to merely dismiss or throw away!  The fact was... she was handing it off as a sort of gift, to me, which initially, I did not realize nor did she intend to make a rocket ship...it just was.

((sigh))

“Child, you have to learn to see things in the right proportions. Learn to see great things great and small things small.”
Corrie ten Boom
A child on a farm sees a plane fly overhead and dreams of a faraway place. A traveler on the plane sees the farmhouse below and dreams of home. ~Robert Brault
***
 

Participating in:  31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/ Photography Challenge.

I'll be daily updating this link, HERE, so that you can keep up with any entries you may have missed!


4 comments:

  1. Wow!! So cool!! I'm glad you put the penny picture up there - I could tell it was small but not THAT small!! What a sweet little gift! ;) :)


    ps- wouldn't mind a close -up photo of that table(?!) too - love the character in that piece!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true this is. It's all in the perspective. I love your quote at the end. It is all how we view things. I think I love that crumbled piece of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing... and the size of a Penny... Talented... and yes it is all in how we see things... XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see talent, patience, vision, creativity and love,, all wrapped up in a tiny piece of paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...