Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

{day 16} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: Something you wrote...

. ... .. ... .. ... ... .... .... .... .. .... .. ..... .. ... ..  .. ..

:: Something you wrote ::

Oh boy, this could be comical...
and me, being completely vulnerable.
This could be enlightening and discouraging...

Seriously!

Recently, I found these several, handwritten, pages amidst the 
pages of another well-loved book that I had been thumbing through.
My face reddened and cheered... 
frowned and sighed...
With signs of, both, relief and concern.

This was from oh so long ago.  
    My best guess is from sometime back in the year of `96 or `97.

Goals, desires, wishes
for myself were penned here, as a young girl.
One, who was now (finally!) on her own.
Single and longing...

Here I was.  I had an apartment; a "home"; a place - all my own and now, how was I going to grow as a young woman of influence?
How would I utilize the gifts and abilities that God had graced me with?

I wrote, at the top of the page, with 31 "intentions" below:
STUFF I can do to improve my femininity, health, spiritual growth and disposition, etc.

I made a list!
Some, I actually accomplished... and others, not so much.  Not so fast...


Here are just a few random lines of intention...

1. Get up early in the morning and take a walk...

3. Clean my house more regularly...
4. Drink Hot Tea!  either alone or with friends... just to relax, settle down and take time to "be".
5. Use lots of candlelight...  :)


7. Reach out to my neighbors more often
8. Cook myself dinner at least once a week.
~invite family and friends over for dinner at least once a month.

12. Laugh more often

21. Buy myself flowers...
22. Stay on top of the laundry piles
23. Make my bed every morning.
24. Pray, Cry and Journal

26. Find myself a mentor friend..
27. Smile - it says so much!

29.  Keep car clean... provide more safety measures in my trunk
( back in the day, my car trunk was my "garage"... so to speak.. I think I eventually kept a snow shovel, jumper cables, flashlight, and first -aid kit in there...)

31. Pay off debts.  Say NO! more often.

I'll just tuck these pages, carefully, back into hiding... in both my heart and my home!!


Strength of character may be acquired at work, but beauty of character is learned at home.  There the affections are trained.  There the gentle life reaches us, the true heaven life.  ~ Henry Drummond

Where the heart is willing it will find a thousand ways, but where it is unwilling it will find a thousand excuses.  ~ Anonymous

To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition.  ~ Samuel Johnson
***


Participating in:  31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/ Photography Challenge.

I'll be daily updating this link, HERE, so that you can keep up with any entries you may have missed!




5 comments:

  1. Oh so neat!! And great intensions! I could use to apply a few of these! ;)
    I like your photos a lot here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile more, say NO more, wow I can relate... and to have a reminder on paper... Good list Bevy... I hope your day is a good one...XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was lovely--such a beautiful peek into the layers of how we grow. And a way to know you! :) Love the picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your list is great! I have a lot of old to do lists that just happen to still be in a book or something, and I really enjoy them. I especially love the ones I wrote JUST BEFORE I gave birth to my first child. Things like "sort diapers" and "wash baby clothes" and "pack overnight bag" and sweet thoughts like that in anticipation of being a mother for the first time! And I have found the same kind of notes in preparation for my son too! Love it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going back through my journals! Boy they can be eye opening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...