Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

{day 19} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: Letters

... .. .. .... ... .. ... .... ... .... ..... .. .... .. .. .. .. . .
A lovely Sunday, today!
As well, a loving invitation to go HOME to my Mother's house for Sunday dinner and spend the day with some of my family and friends.
My husband is off on a Weekend Training for Scouts and won't be home till sometime Monday evening.  :(  he's being missed... a lot!

I almost forgot about posting for today, for we were having such a grand time at Grandma's.  However, thankfully, I had remembered my camera... and it was perfect!

So - here we were, late afternoon, on a chilly and beautiful fall day and I got to thinking about what I would do with this prompt: Letters.  Letters???

I went searching...

Look at that!  I found a few out in my Mother's backyard...


And, that is exactly how I feel at my Mother's home!
Welcome(d).

Of course, I took a few other great photos, that I thought I would just share with you tonight.  The late afternoon sun is always perfect to collect a few fun photos.. and I couldn't have been happier with the way they turned out.
Too bad I didn't get any photos of my actual family members...
 The reason: they were too busy having a blast, long enough to stand or sit still - is really the honest truth!!


Later.  As we sat around the evening table - for a typical "mennonite supper"... of popcorn, ice cream and pie (apple and funny cake)... I spotted this sign up above her baywindow.



How true!!

My kids didn't want to leave Grandma's house, tonight!!  That's for sure.

Blessings of Home
The crown of the home is godliness;
The beauty of the home is order; 
The glory of the home is hospitality;
The blessing of the home is contentment.
~Henry Van Dyke



{source}

***

Participating in:  31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/ Photography Challenge.
I'll be daily updating this link, HERE, so that you can keep up with any entries you may have missed!

2 comments:

  1. Bevy , what a blessing... I am sure fun was had and love was shared.... Bless you friend... XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY photos Bevy!!!!!!!!

    Okay - so apparently I'm Mennonite!!!!!!!!! I ADORE and OFTEN eat popcorn for dinner!!! ;) lol!! And ice cream and pie - how amazing!!! I'm kin, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...