Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

{day 25} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: Shadow

. ... .. .. .. ... ..... .. .... .... ....  ... .... ... .. ... . . .. .

:: Shadow ::

Day after day...
it continues.
What can feel like the-follow-around, tag-at-your-heels, ordinary, mundane, routine...
which it may be...
Is really meant to be monumental, radical and overt.

Housework!!

The shadows that fall at the end of the day are there to serve as a reminder...
it matters.  They matter.
What leaves an impression..
is meant to be seen.
Lived.
and
Loved.

As expressions...

Intentional.
Impressionable.
Invincible.

Don't give up!
Don't waver!
Don't despair.

The shadow that follows you down the hall may be the very essence of your pride and joy.

Even of the next generation.

They're watching.

What is your shadow repeating today?
~~
Here is another random shadow shot taken one morning while waiting for the bus.  Both of the girls had joined my son while waiting and they were doing all sorts of antics - making a shadowy puppet show, etc.!
My youngest daughter had stepped out of the photo... just as it was snapped!  Right as the bus showed up...
Each new day presents a new opportunity to make it right. Each day as you awake step out in front, head towards the sun, keep facing it and the dark shadows shall not cross thy path... ~ Unknown

“Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow.”  ~ Aesop
***


Participating in:  31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/ Photography Challenge.

I'll be daily updating this link, HERE, so that you can keep up with any entries you may have missed!





4 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts to ponder! Like the shadow analogy (is that the right word there...I never remember!) And love the photos!!! Even the laundry one - I think it's one of my favourites so far!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! You used the correct word... (I hope this even made sense...) ... and yes, my friend! I couldn't resist... the laundry hanging is for you!! I was hoping you'd get a kick out of it... and besides, you knew I couldn't get away with a "Home Quotes and Sentiments" post with laundry of some sort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I'm honoured! This photo just for me!! ;). Yes...surprising its taken this far into the challenge for laundry to make its appearance! ;)

      Delete
  3. So cute, the shadow fun... I remember doing this as a kid myself and teaching mine as well... Loved it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...