Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

{day 28} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: Black & White

. ... .. ... ... ... .... ... .. .. .. .... .. ... .... .. .. . . .
Perhaps my favorite photos of all, throughout this whole photo challenge.  These photos are not edited... at least for a "black & white" setting.  They're about as real - in the moment - as you can get.

Jayne and I were out blowing bubbles, one afternoon.
They landed randomly, and I noticed.  So, snapping a few photos, I began laughing out loud at how black and white these photos were, especially when I wasn't even looking for it...nor trying to make them happen.

In trying to think how I could possibly meld these challenges together:
the Photo Challenge...
the 5 Minute Free Write...
And, all on my selected topic of HOME --
all while throwing in a few quotes and sentiments...
I was puzzled.

How was this going to work?  I got to thinking...

Here is what came to mind.

:: go ::
While keeping home particularly as Mothers, as Homemakers, we all have our days; our moments.
Things are coming at us all the time.
We know the right thing to do.
But sometimes we're just empty.
We wish to stay to ourselves and protect; our hearts.  We're tired.

Sometimes we need, though, to reach out and through and be part of the bigger picture, even when we resist with everything in us.

Is this always a black and white thing?  Is it always with clear vision and direction?
No.
This is where I really appreciate the words to this first quote below.
We truly need Grace to meet us first, in order to give and go beyond ourselves...

I'm thankful for many a dear friend who were willing to burst the bubble of my life - in the recent - and in the past...
Just to come alongside.

What an act of kindness!

***
Ministry is giving when you feel like keeping,
Praying for others when you need to be prayed for,
Feeding others when your own soul is hungry,
Living truth before people even when you can't see results.
Ministry is hurting with others when your own hurt can't be spoken,
Keeping your word when it is not convenient,
It is being faithful when your flesh wants to run away. ~ Unknown

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. ~ George Alliston

***

Participating in:  31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/ Photography Challenge.

I'll be daily updating this link, HERE, so that you can keep up with any entries you may have missed!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Bevy...my favorite of all these posts you've done and you tied all of the challenges together so beautifully! The first quote is absolutely priceless, for so often I think we look at the word "ministry" and think of things outside the home. But I ask, is it any less applicable when applied INSIDE the home. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy, so right on the point... Good post...XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such powerful, meaningful words.... thank you for sharing this and I love the analogy as well as the photos. Moms give and give and give....out of love....but at times we need to know someone is in our corner.... thank you.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoken with great truth! Lovely quote - great encouragement there! But never be afraid to search out a good friend to help, strengthen and encourage! (((HUG)))


    LOVE the photos - real neat!!! (black and white in colour...if you know what I mean! ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...