Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

{day 29} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: Moon

... .. .... .. .... . .... ... . .... .. ... .... ..... ...... .. . ..

Wherever you are...
Wherever I am...
Whoever is now...
Whoever - back then.
It's all under the same moon.


I talk about this sometimes, with my children.

We like to sing that little ditty -
I see the moon, 
and the moon sees me
The moon sees somebody I'd like to see... 
- especially, my youngest daughter, Jayne!  I mean, one of our most favoritest of things to do is to find the moon, in the night-time skies!!

Well, I was reminding my children the other evening... that the VERY same moon and stars we see now (today!) - is the VERY SAME MOON and STARS that Abraham (in the Bible) saw - you know, back in his day and time.

Their little minds try to wrap around this reality...

Here is a quote I pulled from Ann Voskamp's book:

Every time you feel in God's Creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, by passing them by, transfer your thoughts to God and say:
"Oh my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
~ Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain, selected from, One Thousand Gifts


I want my children to know BEST and to joy, MOST, in the Creator of all of earth's beauty!  I want them to notice the simple and beautiful, the majestic and amazing... the awe of creation He has created... but really, ultimately HIM!

He is the LIGHT and in HIM is no darkness!
May our Hearts and HOME be filled with the light of
His LOVE, His PEACE, His Blessings!

***


Participating in:  31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/ Photography Challenge.

I'll be daily updating this link, HERE, so that you can keep up with any entries you may have missed!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, AMEN!! I need to remind myself of that - (Ann's quote is gold!) My hubby will say, "We are to admire the Creator, not the created" But I like the way Ann put it better! LOL!

    Oh and neat photo!! I like how your got the lamp light AND the moon!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy, I loved this... with Colton living two hours away now, sometimes I just miss him so... and even though he is grown I think he would at least smile if I called him one night and shared the moon with him...
    A man I worked with had the hardest time when his daughter went off to college and so did she... so one day he came in my office and burst into tears... I asked why and he told me this... Last night I was missing my daughter terribly and I walked outside and all of a sudden his phone rang.. he answered it was his daughter crying and missing him... to calm her down, he told her to look up and he said see the moon, she said yes, he said we both are looking at the same moon... and told her when she was homesick to call and they could share the moon... I will never forget how much love was in that story, exactly like what is showed in this post.... Thanks for reminding me... Bless you tonight and always... I learn so much.... XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beverly, I have to say, I am loving this 31 day challenge! I love reading your daily thoughts and happenings and your love for God and your family is so beautiful!

    xoxo
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...