Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

{day 30} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: Clothes

. .. .... .... .... .... .. ...... .. .... .. ... ... .. ..... .. . .. ..
Today and Tomorrow!
The 31 days, 5 minute Free Writes and Photography Challenge are about to come to an end.
Thank you, so much for hanging in here, with me!

Don't forget - The GIVEAWAY that I posted about HERE - will also end tomorrow!  I'm excited to see who the blessed winner will be! ;) There is still time to get in on the action... by reading back through any posts in the 31 days series on HOME you can still add your thoughts and comments.  The more comments you leave, the better chance you'll have at winning!  Personally, I would love to see more names in the lineup.  All comments, in the month of October, will be retrospectively counted.

Today's Photo Challenge prompt is Clothes.

What a great day for this one to come around.  How timely!  It is the season, is it not, where it is time to change the clothes around - out of closets and drawers?   What fits and what doesn't?  Packing it up and handing it off to others or to our local thrift... I'll be honest, this is not my favoritist of home-keeping chores.
But, it is rather necessary.  Particularly, as the seasons change..and as my children grow.
Again, this prompt is quite fitting with my own theme of Home
{Home Quotes and Sentiments}!
Love it!

:: Clothes ::

Wow!  These photos sure do and are keeping it real.  Nothing to hide around here...
We have more than enough... by the looks of things.
It's amazing.
And, it's almost down-right shameful to me.

At this point in time, our three children share a bedroom.
Each dresser drawer is for one child.
The closet is shared by all three and is also a "storage closet"!
Even still...

We really are blessed!

I am beginning to be convinced - LESS IS MORE!!
Would you agree?

One of the things I do find myself doing - while daily hanging or folding clothes is to pray...
I will pray for my kids, each one, as I come across their particular clothes.  It keeps me mindful..
I found it to be a beautiful time...in prayer... throughout my day.

Is it ALWAYS, each and every time?  No...
But, for sure, often enough.

One day I had an epiphany!


If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.  ~ Thomas S. Monson

She is clothed with strength and dignity. She can laugh at the days to come... ~ Proverbs 31:25
***

Participating in:  31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/ Photography Challenge.

I'll be daily updating this link, HERE, so that you can keep up with any entries you may have missed!

3 comments:

  1. I actually enjoy changing out and sorting through clothes. It's one of my favorite things to do. I love that you pray for your children as you run across there clothes. What a great way to keep the priorities at the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I like the idea to pray while folding laundry! Why haven't you shared that before! And I hate switching out the kids clothes and sorting through what fits and what doesn't - that's a chore I always have Dave help me with...I need the moral support! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we downsized, I kept repeating, Less is more.
    Really, how many white shirts do I really need? Less is more!

    Congratulations on completing this photo challenge! Your sense of wonderment and love for family came through. {{{ high five}}}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...