Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

{day 5} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: People

. .. ... .. ... .. .... . ... .... ... .... .. .. .... .. .. .. ... .. .. . . .. .
Who is it that makes up HOME?

This whole series - if you can't tell already - is about Home; Quotes and Sentiments. Ironically, the photo prompts are for the photos, but I'm making them work into my "random" - 5 Minute Free Writes as well.  I love that it really isn't all that random, after all.  
Today's photo prompt is: people.  

So, I ask again...

Who is that makes up a home?

Well, I'll tell you who and what makes up a home.  People do!


These are my people.

What are they like, and why?  (Well, I don't know the why, necessarily - other than that this is the way the Good Lord made `em.)

They are my small folk
Bubbly
Vivacious
Creative Thinkers...

Gabby
Silly
My three little stinkers...

They give me such joy..
My two girls and boy!
I wouldn't trade them for nothin'
They are loved each, every one!

My husband, he should be here in this picture...
Cause if it wasn't for him... there'd be no descriptor.
Our lives, this moment, it wouldn't be the same.
And life would be boring, riddled, "just plain".

My people, I need them.
They need me too.
Somedays I may wonder - what good does it do?

(I know... I know.)

God surely has chosen me for this special lot.
I'll take it and make it, something that's not..
   all that common these days anymore.
A home right and ready for my people - secure!

It takes hard work.  I daily have to remind myself that "Home was NOT built in a Day!!"

What is Home?
A world of strife shut out - a world of love shut in.
The only spot on earth where faults and findings of fallen humanity are hidden under the mantle of charity.
The father's kingdom, the children's paradise, the mother's world.
Where you are treated the best and grumble the most.  ~ anonymous

Having some place to go is home. 
Having someone to love is family.
Having both... is a blessing.  ~ Unknown
***



Participating in: 31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/Photography Challenge
To keep abreast of this series, I will be updating this link - on a daily basis.

4 comments:

  1. You are so right, Bevy. Our families (people) do make our homes. And how dreary our lives would be without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! This was SUPER cuute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem.
    Giggled at you...

    Your people are getting so big and very cute!
    Yes, people make a home even if it's just one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love HOME and My Family... its funny when we are out for a few hours and then return Home and we all sigh and take a deep breath because we love home, the smells, the comfort and the first thing we do it take off our shoes and socks... we have done this for years... Home is different for me now since my Boy has a life of his own, but when he is here he still makes himself at home... which I would not have it any other way... Love, Love this one... and your children are Adorable... XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...