Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

{day 7} Home Quotes and Sentiments :: Clouds

. .. ... ... .. .. ... .. ... .... .. .. ... ... ... ... . . . . .
:: clouds ::

What a challenging prompt for today.  Especially on a day when I wasn't home for most of the day.

You see...

Today was a bit of a different sort of day.  I headed out by myself (grabbing my camera, of course) - to do our monthly grocery shop will my husband worked from home and got everyone off to school and lunches made and well... he played Mr. Mom for the day,  I suppose you could say.

While driving I thought about how quiet it was in the vehicle.  No one asking me - are we there yet?  Are we there yet?

I had my camera ready.  I had an idea.  Take a photo of the Cloudmakers!

We often always go and do this trip together as a family - and have done this ever since before our son was born.  So, we've learned to say that when we get to the Nuclear towers - that we've reached the halfway point.

Well.. over time as we have driven this stretch of road... literally, for years, our kids will ask great questions. Many different ones and all kinds but mostly this main one.  Every. Single. Time.

Mom, Dad!  Are those what makes clouds - they'll ask?

Uhmmm... sure!

So ever since these towers have been dubbed the Cloudmakers!

Now...when we get the constant question(s)...

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

We'll say...
Watch for the Cloudmakers!!! And - when they're as big as big can be... then we're half way to our destination.

Who else had a cloud lead them by day?  (hint.  It's in the Bible..)


I loved smiling at this memory of my three littles.  I was glad I had my camera with me.  I was really missing my family today - however, let's be honest, I totally enjoyed my day by myself, as well.

I wonder if perhaps my head was in the clouds... just a little.  I found myself humming Winnie the Pooh... quite a bit today.  You know the song...

I'm just a little black rain cloud...

And then it did actually rain today.  I was lucky I got the photos that I did...afterall!

The more often we see the things around us - even the beautiful and wonderful things - the more they become invisible to us. That is why we often take for granted the beauty of this world: the flowers, the trees, the birds, the clouds - even those we love. Because we see things so often, we see them less and less.

~ Joseph B. Wirthlin

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

~ Saint Augustine
***


Participating in:  31 days/Five Minute Free Writes/ Photography Challenge.

I'll be daily updating this link, HERE, so that you can keep up with any entries you may have missed!

5 comments:

  1. Aww! Cute story! I like this peek into your family time! (But yay! For a day alone! ;) )
    And I LOVED that first (of the two at the end) quote!! That certainly can be and is often true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES- My Mom and Dad always told me they were cloud makers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like a cloud maker.
    Great pictures for your assignment and good memories.

    How different to go shopping all by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cloudmaker...loved the story! You have the sweetest kids, Bevy.

    The quote by Joseph B. Wirthlin is SO awesome...because it is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of them as cloudmakers but it makes total sense. Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...