Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, November 28, 2014

Five Minute Friday :: Give

.. ... ... ... .... ... .... ..... ... . . ... ... .... .. .. . .

I sat down this morning...
my coffee cup in tow.

Seriously, the morning list is long - still.
I've been working on it all week.

Checking things off as I go...

Company is coming today.  (yeah!!)
We have two more Thanksgiving Dinners over the weekend.

I'm not fully overwhelmed, but I could be.
The back-to-back hymn lyrics on my lips this morning...
Were.  Are.

**


Isn't it wonderful, that no matter what we ask.
When we ask.
How we ask.

He'll give and give and give some more.  
He gives - as He wills.  To meet our need!
And, it's always enough.

Continuing on, with... my thankful heart!
***

Joining in with this lovely community of brave writers who will their pen in hand for five minutes and write from the heart.  Raw and real...

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. What a blessing! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours my friend. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so true with that song... love it too... I am cooking today for my family... it made it easier for my son yesterday... Happy Thanksgiving for the days ahead... Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post on the word give, Bevy. I know what you mean about not being overwhelmed...but could be...with the list that seems to never end. Some days it helps me to write it on paper...other days I'm far better off just saying to myself, "what meets the most urgent need right now?" Then I do what comes to my mind and then do it again.:)

    I think you summed it all up beautifully with the hymn...because we do need HIM every hour of the day...every minute and every second.

    Hugs to you, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good words for today. No matter what, when, and how we ask--He gives what we we need. What freedom we have to pour our hearts out to Him. Thank you for your encouraging words.
    I'm visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this lovely reminder and hymns I'll be humming the rest of the evening. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...