Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

We truly have much to be thankful for...

... .. ... . ..... . .... .. ..... ... ..... ..... .... .. . .. 

I'm Full

I'm absolutely full tonight.
I couldn't eat another bite.
I couldn't eat a half a bean,
or even taste a tangerine.
I couldn't lick a lettuce leaf
or bite the slightest bit of beef.
I couldn't polish off a pea
or sip a simple drop of tea
or nibble on a nanogram
of pickled ham or candied yam
or lamb or clam or jam or spam.
Yes, that's how full I truly am.
To even think of eating more
would leave me lying on the floor
and surely make my stomach hurt
unless, of course, you've got dessert.

~ Kenn Nesbitt

***

While that poem is humorous...yes!  How true is it?
We have more than we need, yet we still have our wants.
 And, sometimes yes!, Our Heavenly Father even blesses us with those wants being fulfilled.  Doesn't He?
 We truly have much to be thankful for.

Philippians 4: 19 (AMP)
 And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

May you and yours have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Bevy... hope you have a wonderful blessing filled day.... XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am and I will. Thank you for your friendship - Connie! You are certainly one of the many "things" I'm grateful for. You've become such a dear friend...

      Blessings today~

      Delete
  2. That is quite the poem and yes, you put it into real perspective there!
    Have a happy and joyous Thanksgiving!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, dear to you and your sweet family.. So thankful for your friendship.. xo
    Oh, I so loved the poem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...just love the poem!!!...made me laugh...how true it is!!
    May you and your beautiful family have a very blessed Thanksgiving Day today!!!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved that poem, but lost it over the years. Thanks for posting it. I know where to find it now!

    Hope your day today was wonderful and blessed. We certainly have more than most of the other people in the world. What thankful people we should be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable poem! Thank you for sharing it! Hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...