Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

{Bags by Bevy} Grace Amazing!

.... ... .... .. ... ...... .. .. . ... ... ...... .. .. . ..

I have one very amazing and patient Aunt - named Grace!  People tell me that I look a lot like my Aunt and, in my humble opinion, that is such a compliment to me.  I only wish I had more of her sweet disposition and her patience.  (sigh!)

Back over Thanksgiving - it was my Aunt Grace and her family who hosted the extended family's Thanksgiving Dinner.  It was then that my Aunt had asked me to bring along all that I had in stock in and from my etsy shop so she could shop...  (smile!)

Well... nothing seemed just right for her taste (which was fine, with me!!) - however, she was able to articulate an idea for what she was looking for.  So, she placed an order with me - for a classic small bag - for whenever I could get around to it.  Nice!!

I knew I would have to wait to get to it until after the holidays and she totally understood... and then we received word that my Aunt Grace was VERY, VERY sick and hospitalized.  That her condition was "life-threatening" and well.... this was such a shock to us as we had just seen her a couple of weeks ago and she was in good spirits, doing really well - we never suspected a thing! Apparently, it was a surprise for everyone...

Needless to say, It was a very scary time for her family and for all of us...for that matter.

In the meantime, she had sent me a couple of bags of buttons and some fabric that she thought might suit in my bag making and it was a win-win for both of us.  Grace was cleaning out; going through her sewing stuff... and I was able to incorporate the use some of the fabric and buttons into the making of her bag.

Good News!!

My Aunt Grace is okay.  She's home and healthy - once again, as far as I know!  I guess, she has been for most of the month of January, which is comforting.

Her bag is finished now, too!! and I'm so grateful for her patience in waiting for this bag.  Hopefully, it will be sent out to her either later today or first thing, tomorrow!!

I named her bag - Grace Amazing!!  Maybe, I should have named it  ~ Patient Grace.


:: Grace Amazing ::
classic, small bag
(made to order)
SOLD!!

***
Thank you, for sneaking a peak into my etsy shop, at your leisure, and for thinking of me - should you need a gift for yourself or loved one!  Let me know - how I can help!

I appreciate it - greatly!

4 comments:

  1. That bag is gorgeous~~as always! I'm so glad your Aunt Grace is doing well, too. I know she'll treasure her bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy!! How is yours holding up?? I often think about - some of my very first bags and the recipients...of them.! :)

      Delete
    2. Mine is doing just fine! I love it! <3

      Delete
  2. Reading this, your huge heart just leaped of the page!
    You are grace, wrapped up in amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...