Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Five Minute Friday :: W. A. I. T.

. .. .... .. ...... .. .. ...... .. .. .. ...... . . .. .... . . .

She was consumed by a single thought.
She couldn't wait for the adventure to begin.

~ Karen Kingsbury, Leaving

::go::
Years ago, I worked as a nurse assistant.  One night - while sitting with one of our little patients, long story, (I worked on pediatrics, at the time)... I had plenty of time to think and pray.  I was going through a trying time in my personal life... lots of waiting ensued.
I remember asking God - what I needed to know or learn through this...season,
and before long a few acronyms came to mind.

W.A.I.T.

Wrestle against impatient thoughts.
Worry always increases tension.
What an interesting time!
Whoa! am I trusting?
Who am I trusting?
Worship Awhile Instant Time ...well-spent.
Waiting always increases trust.
Waiting always involves time.  (duh!)

Anyway.

Over the years since this time.  I have come back to these statements, these questions over and over and even sharing with others when or if they found themselves going through similar hard times.

Sometimes we just need to wait it out and trust in the moment of "silence" that God is molding and shaping us for HIS good.  I'm so glad He gave me these things to ponder... and for you to!
I'm glad good things take time!

Wait my daughter until you find out what happens...for the man will not rest until the matter is settled today. ~ Ruth 3:18
:: stop ::

****

Joining up with Kate from Heading Home for her Five Minute Friday link up.
Click the button for details for on how you can be a part.

7 comments:

  1. I love these acronyms! Definitely food for thought. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the acronyms, also, Bevy! Your entire post gives a lot to think about how we view waiting. Thank you so much for sharing.

    I listed your (soon to be mine) tote (with the link to your Etsy shop) today in my post and had some ladies left comments that they gave your shop a visit. :) Love the way that works. ;)

    xo Dianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love that too!! Thanks so much, Dianna - for your dear friendship and your constant encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Waiting is hard in this "instantly ready" world. But there is so much to be learned by waiting. God tells us to wait on Him. I don't always though. Thanks for this thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those acronyms! I am going to use those. Such encouragement. Thanks my friend! It feels good to be part of FMF this week, even when I am not technically blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love, LOVE, love it that you chose to do so (be part of FMF), this round - Scribbler!! You're words always amaze and well, I've missed you.

      Delete
  5. T.C.A. !!!! (Totally Creative Acrostics!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...