Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Winter's White Quilt :: Quote

.. .. ... ... .... .. .... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... . ..  .  ... . . ..
Oh, Winter White you came to call after all, didn't you?  Yeah!!



This was Saturday...and while we could, we threaded some color into this wonderful white world!!  The girls had a blast (big brother was off to the YMCA for swim lessons).  There is more snow to come over the rest of today and into tomorrow, which most likely means little to no school!
We'll hunker down and enjoy this white blanket of snow whilst reading books, cozying up and keeping up with 'learning' activities where we can.


I love this quote, I found...sometime ago!

I wonder if the snow loves the trees and the fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quiet quilt; and perhaps it says, Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again. ~Lewis Carroll


***
Nothing spells comfort and cozy like a pot of simmering hot Ham and Bean Soup (yes! I'm making this again... cause it's so good )with a side of fresh from the oven homemade bread slathered in butter which melts all over the place and down the fingers...

Yumm!!

Enjoy your family and the comforts of home!  Stay safe and be warm!!

 Until next time...

11 comments:

  1. I kinda thought you may get snow... I did as well.. and yummy, Ham and Bean soup plus the Bread... Oh my what a way to warm the tummy on a cold snowy day... Stay warm.... hugs XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet!! I know you're not up for the white stuff...much. But - I hope you can still enjoy it somehow, someway.

      xoxo.

      Delete
    2. Believe it or not, I use to be a Snowy girl... I even have alot of snow pictures hanging in my house... due to the stress of driving in it and stress of getting Kylie to and from school I just worry too much.. but I do honestly hate the slipping and sliding under my feet... never was a sledder or skier, skater, or any of that.. I was the Hot Chocolate girl and watching from the front picture window.. as a child I tried it all, stoved a finger, got a huge bump on my head from a snowball, and couldnt stand up right... lol... then the car ... Nope not for me... I honestly do think it is beautiful and I get excited when I see the first snowflake, but then Im done... I guess that is why we are blessed with 4 seasons... a choice for all... stay warm ... XO

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos, lovely quote!!!! And I would LOVE to come for supper! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could or would!! We're only a sleigh or skidoo ride away. Just saying!!

      Delete
  3. What lovely pictures Bevy. I just LOVE snow - it really does make me quite happy inside! What a lovely quote, I'm going to write that down in my journal :) Keep warm my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the splash of color your two girls are in the world of white. We got some snow, but really not a lot and it's mostly gone today. My brother in Maine called me last night and he has about 38 inches. No thanks, I'll take what I have.

    I was just thinking today that I would make bread tonight when I get home from work. You just beat me to it. Enjoy your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, snowy photos! I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet pictures! I love that quote by Lewis Carrol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, gorgeous all around! Don't you just love the color against the white background??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...