Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Five Minute Friday :: Keep

.. .. ..... .. ..... ... ..... ... . .... .. .. ... .. .. . . . .
Here we are again, finding ourselves on a Friday - with just five minutes to share - on a one-word prompt!  Today's word is: Keep
Joining up with Kate @ Heading Home for the usual FMF linkup.  See below for the details (by clicking on the button) for how you can be part of this fabulous community, as well.

:: go ::
The first thing I thought of with this word, Keep, is the term...
Sentimental Packrat.

You smile. 
And, so do I.  A little.
It's a name I'll give myself and a few others near and dear to me.  We keep things.
Simply because, there is too much emotion attached.
Not always...

Sometimes, some days, here and there, I'll get on a roll and toss and let it go and then those "rats" can't find a thing and neither can I.  (laughing..)

Seriously, though...
In our culture, it's the heart that is the seat of the emotions.  We tend to hold onto things, keep things close - those things which are very near and dear to our hearts.

Memories and moments matter.
So much so, that they're usually what's worth keeping the most!

We're not the only one known to keep things.  
Mary, the Mother of Jesus, scripture says,...
"kept all these things and pondered them in her heart". {Luke 2:19}

I like that.
It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who likes to keep things tucked away... down deep.


:: stop ::

Have yourself a wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. I loved your post! I'm also a Sentimental Packrat. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post! The trick, I guess, is knowing what to keep.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sentimental Packrat. Love that! We definitely have our share of sentimental things in our home. We're doing better now at not adding to the accumulation now but we still have old things that we should let go of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I can be classified as a Sentimental Packrat. I just have to let go. I tell myself that when I get to heaven and see Jesus this will all be trash. But it's so hard to open my hand and let it go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...