Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Nourished

. .. .. ... ... . ... . .. .. .. ... .. .. .... .. .. .... .. . . ..
After toying with the idea of what to share here... today, I went outdoors to "play around" with my camera.  It wasn't long before I found a few things to make me smile...relax... and savor!
I'm all into patterns and intricacy right now, and I think I found me some.
This guy just plain, down and out, made me smile!

It doesn't take much, to make me warm up, does it?  A few seconds after stepping indoors... the mail came.  Another love of mine...snail mail...with hopes of something "personal" and not junk...  So, out I went again.  And, there, in the mailbox... lo and behold, a card of cheer which really perked me up.. thank you- sweet friend!  All the way from KY.

This bright and cheery card was just as warm and friendly on the inside as it was on the outside.  It read...

Bevy- Just a quick note to say "hello" in hopes that these beautiful colors would brighten your day.  We only have a few more weeks of "winter" and Spring colors will be sprouting up for sure.  Hope all is good your way... take care.  xo

How did my friend know I needed this today?

It nourished me!

***
So.  The book, in the background, of that last photo there, is a recent winnings from a giveaway I had entered!  The book is entitled: Nourished!  So far, its been a fabulous read and I feel so blessed to have been the winner.... surprised - as all get out, too!  I'm thoroughly enjoying this book!  It's got some great quotes, tucked in here and there which really bless.  And, you all know how much I love me some quotes. :)

Like this one:
As much as we need to go out into the world to explore, we are that much braver and confident when we know that we have a place of sanctuary that will welcome us back from the adventure...
Creating a nurturing, nourishing home is a process that is always unfolding in its own perfect way.  ~ Leah Kent

And, another:
Usually, when the distraction of daily life deplete our energy, the first thing we eliminate is the thing we need the most: quiet, reflective time.  Time to dream, time to contemplate what's working and what's not, so that we can make changes for the better.  ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach

Just a little something my soul needed on a day like today.  Nourishment.
I think it happened. :)

** We're hunkering down for another storm system, to come through, this afternoon and evening!!  And, Lord willing, a Hot and Nourishing meal will be served up, just fine, tonight!!

8 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your pictures, they are lovely and creative. I like patterns too. Light, pattern, color…. all part of the beauty. The quotes from your book are very good, and something we need to hold on too. In our ever changing world, I notice that home and peaceful reflection are challenged continually. I believe it is why we women blog, and share and connect, because we crave to enhance those elements of our lives; to hold on to them and as you said nourish them and ourselves in who we are in that respect. It is warm down here in Florida today, which I am enjoying. Steve is back in Colorado and like you is getting ready for the next storm coming through. There has been so much snow in Colorado. It has been much needed so we are thankful. Have a great week Bevy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy, Just trying to be more intentional and inspiring with friendships I have in my life.. Glad a smile was added to your sweet face today... Bless you friend... Hope you are feeling better! And we suppose to be in the path of a HUGE storm tomorrow... they are telling us 6-10 inches of the white stuff... and some ice... just praying for sunshine.... It will come in his time though... so I am gonna cook something good, and stay home... YAY... take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos . Taking photos always makes me happy as does my Miggs lol ! Lovely to have that card in the mail to ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze me with that little camera of yours... it is amazing how good of photos you mange to get with it!! :) Love all the intricate details... love your choice of word... and that books looks mighty good. The quote about putting quiet and reflective time out first when the schedule fills up... I can so relate. Learning to be better, have a long way to go!

    I have your flour! :) I will drop it off sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think my favourite one is number 6 - snow on a roof?!?! You really are something with that new camera!!! :D I spent a much needed day at home and homemaking!! Made rice crispy squares, lamb soup and bread! Yum! I realize I'm not a big lamb fan but it was gifted to us, so I won't complain - it did make excellent soup!! So fun to win a book, YAY!!! I'm praying your ear heals up super fast....AND for that paper work to come!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup!! Snow on the house roof. Good guess...

      I haven't had lamb in a long, long time. When I have had - it was served with mint jelly. Or, mint something... maybe with a cucumber sauce? Can't remember..

      Delete
  6. Love your pictures... and the quotes. Just what I needed. Having an ice storm now and praying I can make it home from work safely. Another big one headed our way tomorrow and Thursday. I'm not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your photos, my favorite was the basket weave pattern, I never would have guessed it was a roof. The quotes were really good, sounds like a book I might enjoy. Hope you keep warm...we are also getting some wintery weather down these parts. I will appreciate spring when it finally arrives

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...