Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Five Minute Friday :: hide

. . .. .. ..... . .. ... .. ... .. ..... ... ..... .. . . .... . . ....  ..
Grateful and excited, today, to share with this great group of writers from Five Minute Friday, who take on just five minutes of time and write all together on a one-word prompt:  Today's prompt is: hide.
Thanks for sticking around to read this today!

Ever wonder why a turtle carries his house around on his back?  
I don't know about you but I kinda like it.  I think it's great!
In fact, I joke - when I say - If I could be anything other than human I'd be turtle.

When a turtle feels threatened; tired; needs shelter, he'll pull all up inside and hide.
The knocks of life can come as hard as they want and Mr. Turtle is safe and sound.

Now this is a normal aptitude for any turtle to take.  Lucky for him.. we say!

And while this may be okay and normal for a turtle to do - we would say that for a human to always "hide" from others, by holing up inside their house; reclusive and unsociable, etc. upon every time there is difficulty in his life...that fight or flight thing... or hide... would be a bit unusual.  Unfortunately, this is probably the norm for more folks than we realize and if I'm completely honest... I know I could just as easily fall into this preference.  Hence, why I have taken on a quiet rapport with turtles. lol! Just suck it all in and up and hide.  Ignore them - maybe they'll go away!!

However.  There is great comfort in knowing we have a perfect reason to reevalute this.
This word hide.
In fact, we've been given an invitation to fully understand this word hide as a form of grace.
In more times than not.. we will need to "hide".
We have Someone who is our shelter -in time of storm!

HE IS:
A Protector.
A Provision.
A Place.
A Person... Jesus Christ!

A protector who's got our back!
Provision - because He's our all in all.
A place wherein to dwell.
A person to fully rely on and completely trust in.

I want to HIDE here..in HIM!!
Turtles do this hiding thing on their own admission but we get to do this because Christ lives within us and we in Him!  And it is truly His grace that keeps us - alive and well!
He invites us to "stay home" and hide.

***



** The two photos: permission was requested.  They are from my cousin's blog - Nature Posts - which is such a wonderful and informative blog -concerning all things our Creator has made.  Great site for Homeschooling families to glean from and use.  Check it out!

10 comments:

  1. Bevy, what a great post! I love your turtle pictures. And how true it is. When we are feeling hurt, we do tend to hide, don't we?

    I hadn't really considered this thought before: "we've been given an invitation to fully understand this word hide as a form of grace.". What truth in those words!

    Great thoughts here.

    I'm your FMF neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thought. So, in effect, God is our turtle shell! :) We can hide in Him whenever we're afraid. See? You ARE a turtle! Stopping by from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post - never likened my hiding to a turtle, but it is so appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bevy, great post...Have a blessed day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I sit in our new house, trying to make it a home before Tom arrives, I feel like a turtle. I don't know anyone in our new neighborhood. I haven't ventured out, except to the mailbox and back.

    Your words, "A Protector, A Provision, A Place, A Person... Jesus Christ!" are just what I needed to be remind of.
    I know I can rely on Jesus for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just thought of these verses from Psalm 143 - while reading your post. Hope you don't mind I share these here.
    PSALM 143 - ESV
    Hear my prayer, O Lord;
    give ear to my pleas for mercy!
    In your faithfulness answer me, in your righteousness!
    2 Enter not into judgment with your servant,
    for no one living is righteous before you.
    3 For the enemy has pursued my soul;
    he has crushed my life to the ground;
    he has made me sit in darkness like those long dead.
    4 Therefore my spirit faints within me;
    my heart within me is appalled.
    5 I remember the days of old;
    I meditate on all that you have done;
    I ponder the work of your hands.
    6 I stretch out my hands to you;
    my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Selah
    7 Answer me quickly, O Lord!
    My spirit fails!
    Hide not your face from me,
    lest I be like those who go down to the pit.
    8 Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
    for in you I trust.
    Make me know the way I should go,
    for to you I lift up my soul.
    9 Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord!
    I have fled to you for refuge.
    (or from the NIV, for I hide myself in you.)
    10 Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God!
    Let your good Spirit lead me
    on level ground!
    11 For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve my life!
    In your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble!
    12 And in your steadfast love you will cut off my enemies,
    and you will destroy all the adversaries of my soul,
    for I am your servant.

    Thank you for your thoughts here today.
    ~ you know who I am. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous...
      I think I do know who you are. :)

      Thanks for coming by here and sharing here, today! I love this passage from Psalm and find it very fitting, too! Especially verse nine.

      As much as we can find comfort in hiding in HIM - there is just as much comfort in HIDING God's Word in our hearts. I may have to work on memorizing this passage, eh?

      Delete
  7. How do you suppose a turtle cleans their home?! ;) lol!! Interesting thoughts! I can't say I'm a turtle...but can't say I wouldn't want to be now and again, either! ;)
    Glad you didn't hold up a few weeks ago but ventured, not just out of home but out of country...and thus found another 'home in Him' here in the North! ;) :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very true! Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do often think I can relate very much to the turtle and what you said. I like quiet and peaceful moments, and have learned to "Hide myself under the shelter of His Wings" as my alternative to hiding form the world… which is all to often very tempting. Great post Bevy; have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...