Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The best recipe

. . ... ... .. ... ... .. .. ... ... ... .. .. ... ..... . .. . ...
I know I said, I wasn't planning to be back here again until I was back home, from our Canadian vacation, but I wanted to quickly share something with you, that I've found.


The best recipe..!!

If you ever find you need to literally serve a ton of food (for a crowd) - then, here is the recipe for you!  It's the best joy-bringer to any table... and... oh....well...I suppose, even this could be debatable...!  :)
Don't knock it till you try it!  Hee hee...


Elephant Stew
1 medium sized elephant
1 ton salt
1 ton pepper
500 bushels potatoes
200 bushels carrots
4,000 springs of parsley
2 small rabbits (optional)

Cut elephant meat into bite sized pieces.  This will take about two months.  Cut vegetable into cubes, another two months.  Place meat in a pan and cover with 1,000 gallons of brown gravy.  Simmer for four weeks.  Shovel in S & P to taste.  When meat is tender, add vegetables.  A steam shovel is useful for this.  Simmer slowly for four more weeks.  Garnish with parsley.
This will serve 3,800 people.  If more (folks) are expected. add the two rabbits --- this is not recommended, however, as very few people like to find hare in their stew!!

***
 April Fool's!

For real... until next time!
and it's back to work time for me... in vacation prep. & packing, etc.
***
Have a Blessed Easter week!!

5 comments:

  1. HAHA ! Cute you had me sitting here with apuzzled look on my face for a moment thinking WHAT?? Good one . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha Bevy, that was fun. What a crack up. Have a wonderful April and a lovely vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a Hoot.... Loved it... Glad to see your sense of humor... Have fun... Happy April and April Fools day... drive safe... and hope your visit is full of blessings....hugs as always...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bevy, I read this to my daughter Kylie (16) and it was priceless.. the first thing she said was "Where do you get elephant meat?" I chuckled and told her to hold on let me finish reading... and when I finished she clapped her hands and said... Ah ha... and laughed... I said to her... She had you going didn't she... she said.... YES.... and laughed... just wanted to share this cute moment from something cute you shared... Out of the mouth of babes.. and she sure is a wonderful babe of mine... love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally simmering away right now - I mean there will be a crew of us eating! Fancy you should find just this recipe!
    *wink!*

    CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...