Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Five Minute Friday :: rise

. .. .. ...  .. . ..... ..... .. . ... ... .. . . . ... .. . . . .
This photo doesn't really go with today's post - but for Memorial Day on Monday!
When I first thought intently on this one word - rise - not much came to mind except this one thing.  There is a letter "I" in the middle of the word.  Not too profound, but is it?
The word rise indicates an action happening in the moment.

"In the moment" - I don't always... and you can fill in the blank.  For yourself.

You see, if anything is going to happen, make a difference, evoke a change...whatever.... I have to rise up.  I have to be part; take part... not in part but in whole.  I have to be in the middle of this action and have an influence.
To rise doesn't just happen.  At least, not on its own.
***
We know that in the baking process... the use of yeast, baking soda and/or baking powder are all agents used in order to get a good rise.  They don't do anything on their own.  They can't.
But combined with other ingredients they become quite powerful in what action they are needed in to perform.

I need an agent to rise.
Not by my own strength.. but through HIM!

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.  ~ Romans 8:11





Enjoy this weekend with your family and friends...
Remember!  Happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

  1. This is something to think about. Visiting from FMF. Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good reminder this holiday weekend... so many think about only the I... not about the I and Him... Happy Memorial's Day...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...