Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Quiet Anticipation

 . .... .... .. .. .. ..... .. .. .... ..... .... ... .. .. ... . .. .
We cannot tell the exact moment a friendship is formed;
as in filling a vessel drop by drop,
there is at last a drop which makes it run over;
so in a series of kindnesses,
there is at last one that makes the heart run over.
~ James Boswell


I'm heading out later this afternoon for a weekend away... quietly anticipating a Woman's Retreat, with ladies/friends from our church.  I just a little bit -over the top- excited to get a way for a few days.   Just a tad...
Of course, I'll miss the fam.  But, Scott will do super well at playing Mr. Mom, as he always does - whenever I'm away.  It was actually his encourage-able idea, for me to do this.  :)  And, I'm grateful.
***
"believe it or not, we're not the only ones who need to know we're doing well.  The only difference between you and your mother is age and maturity, and feelings and insecurity don't fade with those."

I read this above quote in a magazine recently and it struck a cord with me.  As I'm getting older and walking this path of Motherhood ... I can see where this is true with my own Mother and even Mother-in-law.  And when I think I'm the one who is not doing well... I realize they have their moments too. And, are in need of constant refreshment and encouragement. Who knew?
As well... I'm thinking of you on this upcoming Mother's Day! 

Wishing each one of you a special day to remember - in every way possible.

Have a Blessed day!

10 comments:

  1. I like the quotes!! Enjoy your weekend!!! Still holding out you'll join me in June???? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not this round - dear friend. I love it, though, that you hang on with all hope!! I miss you!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet encouragement by your hubby! Not many get that... Have a WONDERFUL time and I am so thrilled you are full of excitement... Sounds like fun, you will have to share the goodness at a later date.. Be safe, and relax, enjoy and I am sure Blessings will be all around... Happy Mother's Day dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relax and enjoy - that I SURE did!!! What a wonderful weekend... wow!

      Thank you for your Mother's Day card. So sweet of you!

      Delete
  3. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!
    And then come back and tell us all about it, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!! And, I will... I will try! I'm trying to figure out how to capture such a lovely time in just a blog post... almost impossible. :)

      Delete
  4. ...hope you enjoy your retreat! How exciting!...wish it were me!
    Happy Mothers Day to you!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy and one of these days - maybe you'll find yourself on a Woman's Retreat, too!

      How was your Mother's Day? Mine was lovely - with an attempt at recuperating. Even though the retreat was restful it was still with lack of sleep, etc. lol!

      Delete
  5. Bevy,
    How fun for you! I love to receive encouragement and refreshment from other ladies.
    And...is this photo from your home!? This is a beautiful vignette!
    Thinking of you and praying for your time away!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers... it was a lovely weekend.

      And... yes! A vignette from my home. A friend brought over some lovely Bridal Wreath (in the vase) a couple of days ago... and the white butcher's table is a cherished treasure from my grandparents. I love this corner! I don't mind being honest. :)

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...