Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Five Minute Friday :: {my} world

.. . ... .. ... .... .. .... .. ... . .. .. ... ... .. ..... .. .. .  ..
Quietly slipping a sealed, stamped envelope into the mailbox... I know it will be soon picked up and delivered to a waiting soul.  She doesn't know it yet -- but its coming.

Later.

Quietly filling aluminum pans, for easy clean-up.  A Blessing Meal is being prepared for a growing family.  Soon to be dropped off, consumed and (hopefully!) enjoyed.  They're anticipating.  They know it's coming.

In the meantime.

I received a phone call from one of my sisters who would like to take my three kiddos for the day - of play - with cousins, over at Grandma Rhoda's house and out for lunch.

Sure, I say.  I didn't anticipate this, but, I am certainly grateful...
The blessing is in the saying of ...Yes!

Another call - followed by a knock on the door.  A neighbor who would like to chat.
I make coffee amidst a meal-making strewn kitchen and sit down...mostly to listen.
Again.  Unanticipated...but, wonderful - just the same.

All of these are simple ways - in one single day -  where I can make a difference.  A small difference of influence...into what is known as my world.  Not to boast... but, just to say... I can do this!

I know this.
It starts at home.  In the home.  From the home  - into another - and there are many!  
Out there in this big, wild world!


***
Today's word prompt was : world
Joining today with Kate who hosts Five Minute Friday - every Friday - at Heading Home!

8 comments:

  1. I wished we lived closer!
    I'd love to chat with you over coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say this to myself all the time. I would love this!!!

      Delete
  2. Bevy, you are always so inspiring!
    I wish I lived next to you so I could pop over and
    sit at your table and chat!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, you too!! Corrine...I would love to have you just come on over and visit. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this, Bev. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most certainly welcome - my friend!! Hope to see you again, one day - soon!!!!

      Delete
  4. Lovely! It's as I was saying in my last post - there is much to do in the mundane!! It's all about the heart and glorifying Him - it doesn't have to be in "big" ways....because often these little things are BIG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "it doesn't have to be in "big" ways....because often these little things are BIG!"

      This very line - you said, here - is almost verbatim of something we heard in the Sunday sermon, yesterday.

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...