Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Why do you shout?

. .... .. ..... .. . .. .. .. . .. . ..... .. . ... . ..  ..... .. ...

A man was rowing his boat down the river when he came upon a group of family members along the banks, shouting in anger at each other.  He turned to his companions and asked.  'Why do these people shout in anger at each other?'

His companions thought for a while, and finally, one of them said, 'When we lose our calm, we shout.'

'But, why should you shout when the other person is right next to you?  You can as well tell him what you have to say in a soft manner, can you not?', asked the man. They tried to give some other answers but none was satisfactory.

Finally, the man reasoned, 'When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot.  To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other.  The angrier they are, the stronger they have to shout to hear each other that great distance.  

He went on, 'What happens when two people fall in love? They don't shout at each other but they talk softly, because their hearts are very close.  The distance between them is either nonexistent or very small...' the man continued, 'When they love each other even more, what happens?  They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally, they even need not whisper. They only look at each other and that is all.  That is how close two people are when they love each other.'


He looked at his companions and said, 'So when you argue do let your heart get distant, do not say words that distance each other more, or else there will come a day when the distance is so great it will be difficult to find the path to return.

~ Author unknown

***

The challenge for me today, is how will I speak truth - with my neighbor; my family member; my friend?  I may be feeling angry (about something, in particular, even though it is the truth!) but how I share that, in that moment-of-truth, will only fall on deaf ears if my heart isn't close and in the right place... with the ones I especially love!!

** Bathing myself, this morning in words found in Scripture - in particular, Ephesians, chapters 4 & 5.

All of this...all of this is something to ponder and reflect on, today!  Your thoughts are welcome in this place.  Please!

May you all have a wonderful week...

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh, what a good post!
    I never thought of the shouting vs. whisper, refereed to how close hearts are.
    And the picture, well, it's really appropriate !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bevy, this was a great post.. I deleted my first comment, I just felt like I should delete it.. it was one of those mom moments.. Whisper is so much better than shouting...in relationships..

      Delete
    2. That's okay.. I had already read it. I completely understand. I'll continue to pray for you and your family with all its dynamics. You are loved... and I know you're doing your very best!!

      Delete
  3. i am here to appreciate the good work of this site for helping to locate my helper who is Dr Ekaka. I have been having misunderstanding with my husband which leads to divorce some few years ago, But i will unable to move on with my life because i have so much love for my husband and my kid love him too. I heard about ekakaspelltemple@yahoo.com here some few Weeks ago and i decided to contact him for help and he told me what i need to do which i did i was so surprised when i got a call from my husband apologizing to me as told me he was going to come back to me it all seems like a dream to me thank to Dr Ekaka i am back with my husband again and i am so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bevy, these words are so timely, love this little story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bevy, thank you for sharing this story. It puts a new slant on the word "shout" for me...something to ponder...and even more so with your ending of how will we share the truth we have...shout it or whisper it through loving actions. Hugs to you, Bevy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...