Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, July 31, 2015

awaken and try :: five minute friday and tuesday @ ten

... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. . . .. .. .. .. . . .. . . . .. .  .. .

It's 5:30 AM.
I awaken to the feeling of a hand on the small of my back.
The alarm is screaming.  It's time to wake up and face the day.
I've had a busy week.  Canning pickles and relish.  Freezing green beans... plus, so much more busy activity.  I'm tired.  Is it really time to get up?

Once downstairs...I can see the humidity for the day has already settled in, across the fields.  It's raring to go!  Full-bore.  And, I'm not.
I pack my hubby's lunch and wish him well - off to a day of work he goes.  I step outdoors and assess my 'gardens' and I see the weeds sure do love this oppression.  Hmmm.  Interesting.

I think back to the hand at the small of my back.  Though gentle and assuring - it never quite reached it's way into my heart.  It seems as if my heart is shrouded by a thick blanket of mundane and ordinary.  Heavy and thick.  That can't-breathe kind of feeling.  Weeds?!

I try.
I wish it to go away.  I pray it to go and settle elsewhere.
Maybe it will.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lamentation chapter 3 reminds me
The mercies of the Lord are new every morning.

Although, I can wallow in my feelings... and they're not always upbeat.
I must remember this.
It is because of God's great love that I am not consumed (or overwhelmed) by trial.
His mercies are new.

Lord, awaken me to know this.  To understand.
However only little I can try.  Amen!

****
This post has been linked with this week's Five Minute Friday, and the word prompt: try.  As well as, with Tuesday @ Ten , and the word prompt: awaken.

Thank you for reading!!

May you have a blessed and wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Mornings are a struggle but his mercies are certainly new every morning. Blessed to be your FMF neighbor this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this post. It is true - some mornings truly demand much of us to try. May we get up each morning resolved to again try, and to bask in His mercies. I think this is my first time visiting you so, "Nice to meet you!" Your photos are beautiful too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At times like this I PLASTER a smile on my face.
    The inside will need some more time to catch up with your face, but it will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos . I am a morning person this time of year and I love meeting the mornings with a cuppa tea in hand on the porch with my Miggs beside me watching and listening to the nature in our valley wake for the day that always makes my day start off with a smile . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome merge of FMF and T@T...loved your post, your photos, your words!! Thanks for sharing - joining with you from Tuesday @ Ten!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I oved your post. I am glad that mercies are new every morning. Blessings Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bevy,
    Thank you so much for this beautiful reminder. I need to remember how a tender new mercy each day...is just that...a tender NEW mercy! Bless you today and your willingness to share grace. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Riding an emotional wave is usually hard for me, too. Mercy and grace, and new mercies and graces.... all the way, I'm praying for you! I've arrived from FMF - God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bevy dear, one of the things I love about you is your willingness to share how you are feeling and relate it to a spiritual truth. Thank you so much for doing this here once again. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...