Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, July 3, 2015

Five Minute Friday :: favorite // Friday's Finds

. .. ... .. .. .. ... .. . ... .. ... . ... .... ... . ... .. . .. . ..  .. .
Having an appointment - earlier this morning... I left the house on this beautiful day.  The kiddos were left at home with Daddy as he was able to enjoy the day off of work - due to the 4th of July Holiday.  Ahhh.. a few moments by myself.

The drive was lovely.  Windows down.  The sights and smells of the hayfields and surrounding area were just what I needed.

The soft sounds of a quiet radio program playing in the background.  Encouragement from some radio preacher speaking truth in volumes.
He said...

"Vision without action is just a daydream.
Action without vision is a nightmare."

I don't know if that was a quote from himself or from somewhere else... but, I had to pull over, in a safe area, to write it down before I forgot it.  Loved that!!

Moments like these are just the fuel I need to "settle down", refresh and nourish my soul...in efforts to get back into the loud and busy of some of my favorite people in the world.

Oh my...
***
Linking up today with Kate from Heading Home for Five Minute Friday!
Today's prompt was : favorite


LOL... and look what we've found on the front porch!!  A mystery girl - trying to escape the crazy's in the pool.   I don't blame her one bit.  (smile!)


A fun part to add to this post - bringin back on old favorite meme I used to do... called Friday's Finds!
I haven't done one of these in while...  it felt good to bring it back in here on this post today!


And, then... I came home, from my appointment, to these lovelies sitting on the kitchen counter.
Here a friend had stopped by with a thinking-of-you bouquet.


Nice... and just simply perfect to accompany my newest food favorite... sitting there in the bowl!!
Thank you, Becky!! Sorry... I missed you when you came to call.
***

Have yourself a wonderful Fourth of July... celebrating our Nation's Birthday with friends or family... or, like us... you might want to celebrate with fremily!
We have folks like that in our lives...
Ones we wouldn't want to do life without, either!!

They just so happen to be MORE of some of the favoritest people in our little world!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July Bevy and family... so nice that Scott is home for the holiday I am sure.. Taking a drive has always been my escape even if its just a short one.. It revives my soul... whether I am in the country or along the ocean, a drive just did me good. I recall when I was in my late 20's I lived in Florida and after work, around 10 pm almost every night, I would head toward the beach, I would take my T-Tops off my car, turn the radio on low, and drive up and down A1A and listen to the sound of the waves crashing against the shore.. I only lived about 10 min from the ocean so this was a wonderful way to unwind from a crazy day at work.. Now living in Kentucky, I do the similar except its countryside.. and in the daytime... I love driving out past my old childhood homeplace and see the cows grazing in the fields, and listen to the quiet that God blesses me with. I love both places dearly, and as I age, my heart longs for back by the ocean.. Ron and I are seriously considering moving back to the shore.. all hinges on jobs and our kids.. Kylie wants to attend college in the south so we will see... So thankful for you that you got a little time away... and the flowers are so beautiful, and even more so due to a friend being so thoughtful... Enjoy your holiday, I gotta work, so does the hubby, so nothing going on here.. take care...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh forgot to say, Kiddos looked like they were having a blast... I remember those days, we did the same thing, my siblings and I but oh my SO long ago... my kiddos did the same... Simple Summertime days are the best... Memories that will last a lifetime.. and I loved your Friday Find... :) I love your blog...

      Delete
  2. Loved the quote!!! Powerful! And the adorable pool pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...