Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, July 10, 2015

five minute friday :: hope {UPDATE added below...}

.. .. .. . .. .. .. ... . .... . . .. . .. ... .. ...... .. . .. .. .. . .
:: go::
Somedays... I really look and feel like this.  Not the actual pansy - itself.  But there are days when I my head is low and I'm all face-down in my slump.  Call it what you will... but you may have been there, too, at some point - if you're honest.  You think you have zero friends in this moment, but really you do..you just might not know it.

I think back to a time when a dear friend cupped her hands under my chin and gently lifted my head. She looked me straight in the eye and reminded me of a verse in Scripture. Psalm 3:3, which states.

But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and you lift up my head.


So - while out pulling weeds the other day - my youngest hands me this small bouquet.  The pansey being pulled out accidentally and obviously now broken at the stem - still couldn't stand by herself in the vase.  I gently lifted its head and nestled it among the other flowers to offer support.  She's still standing... but only with the help of others.  Sound familiar?

I hope she lives - even with her broken stem.  So far she seems to be doing well.
Should I be surprised?  You see.  This is what hope is.  This flower, like me - knows what it means to be lovingly supported - with friends standing by and rallying up and around behind.
::stop::
***
Today's word prompt was :: hope


PS: I love how photos taken earlier in the day or the week always seem to be so fitting to the word prompt given at a later date or time.  Awesome!!
***
Here is an UPDATE to the vase and the pansey.

So, the very next morning - after originally posting this.  I noticed another smiling pansey in the vase.  Interesting, I thought!
I don't think I thought about the fact that there was another bud or two in there.  You can see the buds in the photos.
And, sorry there is no new photo...of the actual opened pansey.

Well... I got to thinking about this.
So - when you're there in the mix of "lovingly supporting" someone else; helping to hold them up.
Don't you think you'd bloom a bit more, too?  Bringing yet another smiling face onto the scene?

I know I cracked a smile - looking on!  Hope builds...and blesses.

Again, something to ponder.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. thank you for your "HOPE" filled message. I am thankful!
    I am in a season where the support means so much. My hope is in Him. He is the lifter of my head, my heart and gives me the strength to do all that He is calling me to do. (even during turbulent storms in my children's lives)

    bless you!

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "HOPE" you know you have a friend in me... even if I am only a reader... Loved this...
    The flowers are so pretty... and yes, I felt the same more times than I care to count...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was beautiful Bevy!!! One of your best, I would say!! I love the last two photos, so, so much!! And you'll always have a friend in me! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. We changed the name of our church this year to Hope Philadelphia Church. We are there to offer hope to others. To support them and help them lift their heads. So fitting that you would post this today when the congregation is going through some major changes. You reminded me that people come and go but the Lord gives us our hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "lovingly supported"….I love this! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on hope. So glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely post and well delivered meaning. We all need a little encouragement sometimes. :-) The pansy is beautiful and hardy... Have a lovely weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to say how much I love the look and feel of your blog. I popped over to your blog designer and am in dreaming/praying mode as to whether I can update my old girl (blog). It has been my heart's desire for several years now, but I always seem to get pulled away to other things before it ever happens.

    Thank you for inspiring me again- bless your sweet heart!

    And I love the pansy story and how it inspired hope into your soul!

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we need support and to be supportive...interesting how that works. Your flowers and thoughts are both beautiful. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...