Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, July 20, 2015

The Quotidian

.. . .. .. .. . .. .... .. ... . .. . .. ..
Quotidian: daily, usual, or customary;
everyday; ordinary; commonplace.
.. . ... . .. .. .. . .. .. ..  . .. .
Haven't done one of these themes in a while and so today seemed like a perfect day and way to catch you up on our lives over the past couple of days.  The Quotidian was first introduced to me through HERE.  I enjoy the granted permission to join along -whenever I can.

This little reminder to speak life needs to be "right here"... daily in my face. :)
I don't know if that is true for you - but for me?  Yes!!


The sharing of produce and flowers is always a favorite... around here.
As well... fresh cookies baked in prep for another week of Good News Camp! 
The kids are so loving their time at (day) camp!
I wish I had more photos of this... oh well.
Aubrey in a Noah's Ark skit.
While the kiddos are in camp (this will be their final week)...Jayne enjoys visiting over at Grandma's.  You can see her through the window (below) ...knocking so patiently.  However, this week Grandma is away again, this week, visiting family and friends - this time in NY.  Last week she was in VA.
We were asked to keep an eye on her porch plants and pick her flowers.  To enjoy!! :)

We miss Grandma Susie!


The weather has been interesting, lately.  Lots of storms and heavy rains.  As well, heat and high humidity.
It doesn't stop me - too much from still hanging the laundry.  Though, I will say. its a little tougher to dry when it's all humid - like this.  I know - we'll certainly be seeing more of the Queen Anne's lace - as the days get warmer, too!  Ahh... summer!
I think we've each had a teeny, tiny scoop of ice cream almost every night - last week.  I just love this photo of my youngest... stretching her little tongue into that cone as far as she can reach.


Along with the hot weather and such came a much needed haircut and style.
 It sure does feel good.

Feeling brave the other day... I stopped by a little stand out in the front of someone's house where advertised was: Honeysuckle Jelly.  $4.00 a half pint seemed a fair price...for someone else's hard work and efforts.  She also had a red beet and raspberry preserve for sale.  I felt torn.
I settled on the honeysuckle.  It reminded me of a friend of mine from VA.  How she talks of making this - from time to time.


Yumm!!  I'm glad I purchased this.   It's become a sweet addition to a hot buttered piece of toast or english muffin.  Nice little breakfast.   

Speaking of breakfast.  Stay tuned for a new-to-me, "healthy version" of baked oatmeal.  Baked Oatmeal is a familiar dish.  One I make almost every Sunday morning.  My family seemed to really enjoy the changes I made this past week. The picture is here, below.   I'll probably be making this into it's own post in the near future - just so that I can share the recipe.


***
So there you have it.
Little bit of catch-up, from the past couple of days...in photos!

Happy Monday to all!!

8 comments:

  1. Love this!! All of your photos are lovely - I see a real growth in you in your photography!! ♥

    And your HAIR!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Kaitlin beat me to the punch... but that's ok... YOUR photo of yourself, is so beautiful... loved the hair... and all the goodness ya shared... take care and keep me in your prayers as I face my son moving to Texas...for work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. re-read this.... hair, shared, care, prayers.... oh my word... not intended... but it is funny if I say so myself...

      Delete
  3. SO. Much. FUN! Thanks for joining in and for the link. :) I always enjoying peeking into my blog-friends' worlds via these everyday sorts of posts. Your life looks full and peaceful and wonderful all rolled into one! Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. **enjoy peeking....not enjoying....should really proof-read before hitting publish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your quotidian very much. It is nice to see what people are up to in the every day… it always blesses me. Love you hair, very cute. Thanks for your link on my post… I will definitely give it a try with my extra peaches; sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Honeysuckle Jelly sounds delicious! I had no idea you could make jelly from honeysuckle. Bevy, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and for your sweet comment. It's been so long since I have blogged. Wasn't sure if anyone would stop by. And there you were!☺️.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved catching up with you. Never heard of honeysuckle jelly but sounds good. Your new hair is so cute! So glad to see your kids enjoying Bible School.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...