Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Dear Me {a letter to my past self}

. .. .. . . .... .. . .. ... . .. . . .. .. .. . .. .. . .. . . .. . . ..  .. 

Dear Me...

I don't know if I've ever done this before.  Write a letter to the past-me- pre marriage and children!!
In case you're wondering...Dear Me... this isn't going to be easy, you know. Telling you like it is.
As I sit here to ponder this quest...going back in time...to encourage and build you up (because, I have a sinking feeling you'll need this and don't ask me how I know... ahem). there are so many places I could go with this letter.

Let's just settle on this one special area.  Mothering!!

Do you know that one day there will be two little girl-you's - a.k.a. Mini-Me's that will rattle your cage, shake you to the core, bring you to your knees and so much more.  Now, I know that sounds all rhymey and stuff - but it's true!  They are going to watch you like hawks.  And, want to do what you do, all of the time and be just like you - in every way. (ie; using your camera, bake up a storm, hang the laundry, take over the vacuuming, etc.)  Your son will pretty much do and be the same.
One will be teachable; semi-compliant.  The other will be stubborn and strong.  And - then - unexpectedly, outta the blue, they'll switch it all up and take on the opposite.  Leaving you feeling more confused than confident.  You might even wipe more tears from your eyes than wear smiles.
And - I know you wear that smile -well.  And you even encourage others to do the same.  
Which is great!!

You'll want to love big - but sometimes you'll not love big enough.
This is why you're going to write little messages on your kitchen white-board to remind yourself... to live and love well.  To Speak Life!  That is a must.

So, the other day I found a couple of quotes, that I just have to share with you.  I know you love these things.  And - you'll probably want or need to ponder them more than you know or realize.

Turning off distracting noises creates an air of calm, which allows conversation to focus on building relationships, generating peace, expressing love, and providing encouragement.  ~ selected from a Woman's Study Bible
The foremost challenge a woman faces is not to orchestrate her life or to plan her year but to order each day -- allowing for sufficient rest, proper nourishment and exercise, and a quiet time spent with the Lord.  ~ selected from the Creative Home Organizer, Emilie Barnes
“This job has been given to me to do. Therefore, it is a gift. Therefore, it is a privilege. Therefore, it is an offering I may make to God. Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is done for Him. Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God’s way. In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness.”

― Elisabeth Elliot
So, at the end of the day, my Dear Self... be strong.  Buck up and hang in there!!  Take and deep breath and go forward.  You can do this!!  You'll never be perfect - you'll never be a Supermom... but you can be a Super Mom!!  Do your best and that is all you can do.

The day will come when they won't be told (what to do) and they'll just do.  I'm telling you.
That day will shock you wide open.
I mean in ways of making their bed, each morning.  Helping with dishes by grabbing a tea towel to dry... cleaning up the yard, or the living room.  Doing their homework...
And when your (three) kiddo's look at you from across the table and out of the blue say things like...
Mom, you're so beautiful.  I like you!!!
I love you Mommy!!
Thanks Mom!
And, they'll willingly come plant a kiss on your cheek or still want to hold your hand...oh wow!!!

Then.  Take it and run.  Because - those things, those words, right there!!
They'll mean the world to you...
And, if you can say "yes" more often... then, you'll be the most blessed.  Even if the yes brings a mess to go along with it.

You know this, I don't need to tell you this... but you only have one life, to live and that one is fleeting - fast - at lightning speed... so live it well.  Be faithful - in the little things!!  An adage you'll certainly live by, and often... is this.
My response will make or break a situation.
And remember - You Will NEVER walk this road alone.  HE is with YOU!!  You have so much to offer.  And.. I hope you do.  Be a blessing and you will be blessed!

Well, I'm going to sign off.  Hopefully, I didn't overwhelm you too much.

Oh and ps...one more thing:
By the way, you'll consistently have a wonderful support by your side.  Your husband and the father of these three busy-blessings will be by your side all of the way... perhaps... even a few steps ahead, most of the time.  But...that explanation is for another time.  Will this be easy... having a man by your side? It's only been a dream of yours from little on up. And that, to be the best wife and mommy you could possibly be.
 I would say both YES and NO!!  In some ways.. it'll make it harder... but all the more - worth it.  And, this is something you'll be willing to go through over and over again.

 And, again.
And, again.

Are you encouraged?  I hope so.

Okay... now.  I am going to sign off.  Until next time?

~ Sincerely, your Older Self
 - with ten years of marriage and three kid-blessings under her belt and all accounted for

****
** Several of these photos were taken by my six year old.  And... I sincerely hope, at some point, you my reader, will find a moment, that you'll be able scroll through the links that I've included here today - because they will further tell the story.  And, especially, if you're new here at Treasured Up and Pondered.  Thank you for reading!!

11351325_972690682762670_2787419974527176049_n

And this post is linked today with Finding The Grace Within - Tuesday @ Ten  

6 comments:

  1. Just dropping by and visiting with some of my favorite people.. I Enjoyed your posts as always Bev! What a great idea...."A letter to self"....Hang in there I think you are a Super Mom. I know you make God smile with your motherhood. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so touching. So many truths in this post. God is so good giving us just what (and who) we need in our lives at the perfect time. May God continue to bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...you'll never be alone. Yes! and thank goodness for that;-)

    enjoyed this in all kinds of good ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Bevy, its so rewarding to write something such as this. It brings clarity to life that you have lived for your own self. Going thru the motions sometimes are just that but when we stop and look back to only SAVOR those times, even though those times may have been trying, there is always JOY to be found.. JOY in the experience, the growth and just being allowed and given the chance to walk the path.... Loved this, and I have done this in the past as well.. so eyeopening... for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very real Bevy!! I think you wrote out some hard truths and I'm sure your younger self would appreciate and treasure this letter!! So treasure and ponder up your own words, okay!? ;) :) You have a beautiful family and I am thankful to God for having the blessing of knowing each of you! ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...