Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Jimmy Carter Delight

. .. ... .. .. . .. .. . .. .. . .... . .. .. . .. . .. ...... . .. . . .. .. .. . . . .. . 
It's time to share another recipe!

Recently, I made this dessert to take to a church picnic. And, again to a friends house -one night for dinner!  It was introduced to me by one of my sisters, some time ago and I'm so glad.  It's super easy... and super delicious.  Everyone loves it!!  Especially, if they're a fan of peanut butter and chocolate.
And, of course, this recipe is requested quite often.  If you're someone who has asked me for a copy of this recipe...then... here you go!!  It's your lucky day!!

Jimmy Carter Delight

1st layer:
1 cup flour
1 stick butter
2/3 cup. chopped peanuts.  * I prefer using dry roasted peanuts

2nd layer:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup Cool Whip

3rd layer:
1 sm. box instant vanilla pudding
1 sm. box instant chocolate pudding
2 3/4 cup milk

Topping: **
1 cup, or more to preference
1 grated chocolate bar (or, use a vegetable peeler to obtain curls)
1/2 cup chopped peanuts



Mix ingredients; cutting in the butter, for 1st layer and press into a 9"x13" baking pan.
Bake at 375* for 20 minutes.  Mix together 2nd layer and (carefully) spread over cooled crust.
For 3rd layer, mix together chocolate and vanilla puddings with milk, let stand until set.  Spread over 2nd layer.

**Just before serving: top with 1 cup of Cool Whip, grated Chocolate bar  and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts.  Also note.  The photo shows a dark chocolate.  I accidently, used a dark chocolate pudding, rather than a regular milk chocolate and it was just as yummy!  Of course.
****
Now.  Can you tell why you think this recipe is named what it is?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I feel a little faint…. could you bring me a little slice :) I will love having this in my recipe box. Sounds and looks just delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a recipe right up my hubby's taste buds... Will be copying this one for sure... Looks delish...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...