Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My boy and his wonderful, creative imagination... as well... My Heavenly Father and his Gift!!

.... . .. .. ... .. .. .. .... .. . . .. . ... . .. . .. . .. . ..  .. . . . .. . ..  . .

I always say this, in reply, when people look (at me!) amazed... You get creative when you have to!  I guess you could say these are the words I live by.  And what that means to me is this: all the more then,  I realize, creativity and imagination, in anyone, is ALWAYS amazing!!! It's a gift.  More than once... I've had to get creative - in a pinch.  And what is really fun - is watching that same instinct come out in my kids.

So, my 8yr old son was recently gifted this toy model jet/airplane - from his Grandma.  My husband - has own set of "toys" .... in working with computers.  Every now and then, he gets to take them apart and "rebuild".  In this instance... he had completely taken apart a computer, with Caleb's help... I guess...teaching him about the workings of the inside of this thing.

And, so... taking the motherboard... Caleb imagined a booming city!  For days... on end... he would play with this airplane and his "City".  You, too are more than welcome to come take a tour.... and for days on end, that is exactly what I would hear.  An invitation to come and explore.

"Mom...come and see my Motherboard City"
There are industrial parks... and high rises.  Busy streets and charming communities.
the race car track...
Here he is showing me how he positioned his jet plane -sticking it on top of his marble track - to emulate flying overhead.
The Sports Complex.  The Baseball field in the foreground, the football stadium/arena in the back and to the right.
Gotta love the race track!
Over and out!  Off to another place....
****
Going back to this prompt phrase of "the words that I live by and what that means to me is this...".  I want to add.

I'm glad we don't have to imagine a city not made with hands?  Aren't you?  Because, folks...there is one - for REAL! 
Our God, in his gracious and wonderful creative handiwork has master planned and designed a home that awaits.  One where we'll have eternity to explore...

He didn't have to get creative!  HE IS!
He didn't have to imagine what it might be like.  HE WAS and always will BE!

We're not here by happenstance and for just because.  The great I AM has made us to be in his image.
For his honor and unto his glory.  This isn't a feeling - I have and live by.  This is a fact!

The words I live by... are these from Scripture:

 Jeremiah 1:5a 
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart...

Psalm 139:14-15
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

Romans 10:9-10
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Ephesians 2:8  

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

John 14:2-3
In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.…


There are so many more scriptures I could share.  Listen.  God is not playing with us - my friend.  He is Patient, Merciful and Just.  We're here for a time.  To enjoy the blessing of God's creativity.  To marvel at his handiwork.  To use the gifts and talents he has granted to us to use.  To live for HIM!

The truth is...

One day - this, as we know it... will all be no more!  Are you ready for the day - when He calls?  He wants to take you Home!  If you'll but only believe on HIM.  Believe on his Name... and you shall be saved!

If you have any questions and would like to know more, about what I just shared here, I would happy to talk to you some more and, or at least - keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Would you let me know how I can pray for you?
JPEG image-2CCA02FF19CA-1***

5 comments:

  1. Well it does look just like a city. Every description is so apt. I love how Caleb saw it; and I agree whole heartedly about the city that is not made with human hands… I can't wait to see it. I can't wait to live in it, I love that He has made us in His image, and that we get to share in the wonders of creation with Him. Have a lovely week Bevy.
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Original, imaginative, inspired, artistic, inventive, resourceful, ingenious, innovative, productive, visionary, clever, are just some other words to describe Caleb's gift!
    It's thrilling to see his face as he shows "us" his new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bevy, I love his Caleb's Hat... :) When I first saw his pic, I knew right away what it was.. A City.. because you see, that motherboard, is so familiar since I am married to a Tech guy, or use to be... Jobs are few and far between where we are located.. anyway, great imagination... Way to GO Caleb...
    And speaking of City, a song came to mind that my mom use to sing.. City of Gold...
    And oh how glorious that will be .. I love this post, such a good message and I am so thankful I am a child of God... love ya friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. forgot to delete his in first sentence... OOPS...
      and yes still married to the Tech guy just he doesnt work in the Tech field anymore... Im tired can ya tell... ;)

      Delete
  4. What a powerful post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...