Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Easy Oven-Baked Rice

.. .. . .. .... . .... .. .. . .. .. .. . .. .. . .. .... . .. .  .. . .

Recently, I've been asked to share my recipe for oven-baked rice.
Today is the day!!

This is so easy.  Super easy and fast (prepwise) to bring to the table... with little to no mess.  You know how cooking rice - stovetop - can do that!!  I appreciate that this dish can slide into the oven alongside any meat dish I have planned to go along with the meal.. and it all bakes at once!

Bevy's Easy Oven-Baked Rice
Generously grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish, with butter.
1 1/2 cups rice* 
3 cups hot tap water
2 T. butter
1 tsp. salt (to taste*)

Give this all a quick stir before putting into the oven - just to ensure even baking!

Bake covered dish at 350* for one hour.
Fluff with fork to serve.


I like to mix in some brown rice (about a 1/2 cup worth) - with the white.  Note: If you use all brown rice, you might need to adjust the water amount and/or bake it a little longer.

I also use only Seasoned Salt - from Tastefully Simple.   Maybe a 1/2 tsp. or so. I just dash it on there... I don't measure.  And, another tip.  Sometimes, I substitute chicken broth for the water...which results in an even more added flavor.

Any leftover rice freezes well in a ziploc bag... to use for another time.  Sometimes, I'll make extra rice for this purpose - only.

Let me know how you enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Family coming over for dinner tonight.
    THIS, I'm going to try!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I love the idea of freezing the extra for later use.. gonna try this... Hope all is doing ok your way... Been super busy, and just trying to stay on top of stuff... Have a wonderful day... Its a chilly one here today in Kentucky...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...