Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Here am I. All of me. Take my life. It's all for Thee! {my simple prayer}

. .. . .. .. . .. .. . ... .. . . .. . .. . .. . . .. . . .. . . .
 
Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Here am I.  All of me.  Take my life.  It's all for Thee!
***
In this dark world...and one that hits very, very close to home!  Dear Lord, I pray... that I would simply be a reflection of your great love.  That I would declare your praise.  That I would be quick to listen.  Slow to speak and, slow to anger.

I just ask for an awakening to the TRUTH of Christ Jesus.  And that it would start with me...
as I pursue to be Salt and Light!

Salt is cleanser for any type or sort of wound.  But, it doesn't necessarily feel good.  Salt hurts.  Truth hurts.
Light.  It exposes.  In order to see - you need light.  However, it also isn't always welcomed.
But in the end, the result is always life and healing.
Only Jesus... can bring LIFE and Healing!!

Only Jesus!

***
All I'm asking is that you join me in prayer today....thank you, kindly!

4 comments:

  1. I love that hymn :) Wonderful ponderings today Bevy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you know how to get a tune stuck in one's head.. BUT oh so, so, so GOOD... I love this song, and it rings so true... quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger is something that I strive for daily.. Most of all I just want to be a bright light for him, and when that light dims to a flicker, I hope that I can feel, know, and see that I need improvement so I can give him all the GLORY... Loved this, I hope your day is going great, and that the kiddo's are adjusting well to another school year... and I hope little Aubrey's arm is doing ok.. I am sure Jayne is missing the other two greatly... Have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have that hymn in my head. Thanks. It is something I really need to have in my head tonight. Not having a good day. Or a good week. Or a good couple of weeks. But I still give all glory to GOD and know that He has my best interests at heart and He will watch over me and take care of me despite all those fiery arrows that Satan is flinging my way these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!!! I'm jumping up in down cheering you on! Let JESUS spill out of us until there is nothing left of us. May we be like magnets in this dark world attracting those who are broken and needy to a Savior who can make all things new.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...