Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

{day 11} Whispers of the Heart :: rest

. .. .... .. .. . .... . .... . ... .. . .. . ... . .. . .. . .. . .. 

I arrived early.  My appointment not till 10. Sitting and waiting... water streaming.  The rain falling heavy and steady.  I felt like it I was in a car wash. :)   Safe and cozy.

It was a moment to sit and take in all the quiet and beauty there was to offer.
I love rainy days - anyway.

Days like this do my heart good.  Flooding my soul with refreshment.

The prayer I would have this evening, is this...

Heavenly Father... quiet me with your love.  Overwhelm me...wash me afresh with your power. Cleanse me.  Renew a right spirit within me.  I need you!!
I'm taking in - this moment - it's what I needed.  Sitting still.  Peace and quiet.  Nothing but the sound of steady rain - reminds me of your nearness.  Constant and good!
There is nothing or no one I desire besides you.  You are my all in all.  Let my heart rest, here... in this place.

I love you, Lord! 


How about you?  How does your soul find refreshment?

***


Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page daily so that you will not miss an entry.

1 comment:

  1. My soul finds refreshment so many ways, reading, bible and blogs, taking a country drive, and most I love to sit at the beach and look out over the ocean, savor the beauty that GOD created ... Sometimes its none of these, just maybe cooking a meal for my family, or cleaning when no one is home, and in the quiet of early morning hours... I really have come to realize its not one specific thing, its really about being in the moment and having gratitude for what we have been given...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...