Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

{day 13} Whispers of the Heart! :: patience

. . ... . ... .. . .. .. . .. .. ... .. . ... . .. . . .. . .. .  . ..
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, then do we with patience wait for it.
~ Romans 8:25 (paraphrase)
Once again - I was quite surprised by finding these blooms in our backyard, especially here in October. I also wish I knew exactly what these flowers are called.
I find they're something I always anticipate seeing in the Spring!  Perhaps, it's because of they're dainty features and delicateness. They've just always captured my attention.  However, they haven't always been this productive.  When we first moved to this farm - almost seven years ago... this was quite the straggly looking bush.  We would still get a bush sparsely full of beautiful blooms - but never this late into the year.

Photos taken this October!
What I'm realizing was that with some serious pruning and pulling away the deadish, rough and tangle that maybe, just maybe!, it gave it some hope and reason to keep blooming - even when I didn't expect it too.  Honestly, I don't think I know this bush's full potential.  Like I said, I wish I knew what this flowering bush is.

All I know is that with a little bit of patience - we shall see!  Maybe it's blooms are meant to be all year round... I don't know.

Lord... I'm like this too!  I'm sure there are days when you wish you'd get a hold of me and do some serious pruning and pulling away, as well.  I want to brighten the corner (of the world!) where I can and bloom bright and beautiful - even if its just for a little bit - and, I want to bring some cheer and hope; encouragement!  I can't unless you fill me with your presence... and I know you can't do that unless the old is passed and then, the new can come!  I surrender to you...Lord!  Remove what you will... to make me more of who you want me to be!  I really do want to bloom to full potential!!

You're so patient.  Your kindness and your goodness are a constant I can count on...

How about you?  Are you blooming to full potential?  Are you growing for God and in your desire to know Him more?  Maybe there are things that need to pulled from your life - in order to have that constant communion with him.
***

Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page daily so that you will not miss an entry.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful flower for this time of year, and throughout the year... Maybe God knew what a blessing it would be to share such a beautiful flower in the midst of the change of seasons... I find that he does that sometimes, and its always for the good.. GOOD things come to those who wait, is always what gives me the extra patience when needed.. If you find out the type of flower it is please share... Cold mornings are coming as of Sunday this coming weekend, suppose to be our first frost here in my neck of the woods in Kentucky... I am sure things will be changing after that... but its part of living in a 4 season area... this summer girl still dreaming of sand between my toes... Someday again I hope... anyway take care, enjoying the sunshine today...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...