Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

{day 14} Whispers of the Heart! :: fly

. .. . .. . . ... . .. . ... . ... . . . .. .. . .. . .. . . .. . . . ..
 I don't know how many times I hear it from my 8 year old son that he wishes he were a bird so that he could fly.  Kinda makes me chuckle to think of his near 80 pounds soaring overhead. :)

I asked him, in return, one day why he wants to do this - besides the fact that he's scared nervous of heights.  He replied... well, then, I would just have to close my eyes and not look down.

That's good enough reason, I suppose.  Fly - not to see the world, NO!   Rather to have that feeling - of soaring high above!!

The truth is!  We can.
Scripture reminds us how in Isaiah chapter 40...
 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Taking this verse apart, I would venture to say that some days the word weary is an understatement.  At least, for me they are!
This morning, in our Ladies Bible Study we got talking about the word - WAIT.   During our time, this morning, I felt compelled to share a few acronyms in regards to the word wait - something the Lord had laid on my heart, once, while in a real trying season of my life.  Here is just one of them...
W.A.I.T.
Waiting Always Increases (or, Involves) Trust

There is no way we as humans can ever fly like a bird. Sorry, son. But, when we wait on the Lord - our trust in HIM increases enough to the fact that we can soar overhead of our trials (by his grace) -
Sure, Confidently and with HOPE!

Something tells me - I needed the very reminder, myself, today!!

I know I'm not alone.  Lord.  I know there are many others who feel weary and tired in their walk, as much as I do.  They feel lonely and unsure.  But by your grace - Lord - I know you care to lift us up.  You uphold us and keep us from falling.  Thank you - that we can have this confidence and hope held sure in you!  You are a faithful God!!

How about you?  Are you tired and weary - some days more than others?  Another acronym that I can share with you, is this one.  Worship Awhile. Instant Time - well spent!

Can you worship in the waiting?  Can you soar high (in praise) on wings like eagles?
***
Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page daily so that you will not miss an entry.

3 comments:

  1. Waiting can be such a hard thing to do, whether it is waiting to fly, or just simply waiting on something.. I think God gave us things to wait on so we could build our patience, courage.. when in all reality learning to fly is allowing him to be our PILOT of our lives.. Boy is that hard sometimes, just today I had a friend call with not wanting to wait for GOD"S help, but wanting to fly the coop if you will, a friend who is at a breaking point because she feels all alone in this life of hers.. I have tried repeatedly to get her to understand that GOD must change those in her life, that she can not... and seriously she talks only about walking out or flying the coop to get relief... So please join me in prayer that this sweet friend will see that with out GOD as her Pilot life will always be a battle harder than normal... and as for me, I have learned along through the years, that I don't fly well alone, and yes sometimes I still try but usually fall flat on my face... but oh how I learn... Bevy, stay strong in this I am loving it right along with ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I love this! Also thank you for the wonderful comment you left on my blog. I just saw it there. :) You, my friend, can call me any time! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was wonderful and the acronym so good to remember!! I've repeated it to myself a few times now, just to have it sink in! I hear the truth but to put it to practice! ugh! ;) I remember wanting to fly as a child...I think I still do some days (though I'm deathly scared to fly in a plane...go figure?!), so your line here: "our trust in HIM increases enough to the fact that we can soar overhead of our trials (by his grace) -Sure, Confidently and with HOPE!" is GOLD!!! Wonderful words here Bevy!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...