Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, October 19, 2015

{day 19} Whispers of the Heart! :: whisper

 . ... . ... .. . .. .. ... .. . .... . . .. ... ... .... .. .  ..
Good Morning!
I've decided to take liberty and change out today's word-prompt, which was to be honor - with next Monday's post.  You'll understand next week! :)
Today I'll be using the word-prompt :: whisper.

***
Why is it that sometimes what you hear in the silences appears to be the most deafening?


Whispers can come this way... loud and clear!  Can't they?
I don't know about you... but, I hear them sometimes.  I hear...

You're no good.
What's the use?
It won't matter...
You don't matter.
Who cares?
and, there are others.

I somber to think I'm sharing all of this.  It doesn't seem appropriate to share, right out of the chute... whispers that haunt the soul.  Yet, if I'm to be real and vulnerable and open, I need to.  And... I need to share the truth.  The reality.

There is One whose whispers are even louder.  Who plunge deeper into the very depths of my soul.
Whose words penetrate and cover over with writings in red...

You are my beloved!
You are beautiful.
You are mine -- ALL mine.
 No matter if you feel like it or not.

Reading this morning.. I came across two things.  First Scripture...in Isaiah 43:1-4 (I'm paraphrasing).
This is what the Lord says...
He who created you.   He who formed you.
Fear not, I have redeemed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through waters... I will be with you.
When you pass through rivers... they will not sweep over you.
When you pass through fire.. you will not be burned.  The flames will not set you ablaze.
I am the LORD, YOUR GOD.  The Holy ONE of Israel, your Saviour.
You are precious in my sight.  And, honored.  Because.  I love you!!

And, secondly, a quote that reads like a whisper of hope..

You are God's created beauty and the focus of His affection and delight.~ Janet L. Weaver-Smith


How appropriate.  Perfectly placed in my sight - to read when in a moment of least expectancy.
It broke me, because I needed this reminder.  See?

The whispers in the silences can sometimes be the most deafening.

 I, also, am pretty sure it matters as to which ones I choose to listen to.
Honestly?  I am still learning....

Here's my prayer, this morning!

Oh God... you know my heart.  You know the very depths of my soul-being; that place of longing to be reached.  You're love whispers...down... even to there.
When I'm choosing, instead, to listen to the lie-whispers - you go to war!  For you are a jealous God.  Forgive me, for the pity-party moments and the woe-is-me kinds of days - when my gaze is far from you.  Help me to see clearly; hear clearly... the ways and the words that guide me.  
You are a faithful God.
You sustain.  You deliver.  You keep me from falling...
When I know truth.  When I hear truth.  Help me to continually "preach" it to myself.  
Who am I, to you?  I know. I am yours.  May my lips sing your praises...forevermore.

How about you? Do you get caught in the tangle of whispers that come - loud and clear?  What whispers...flood your soul, fill your ears, and finally come out of your mouth? 

This is hard, isn't it?  I shared those verses, there from Isaiah - paraphrasing them - because they are from memory.  And, yet.  They obviously haven't penetrated into the very depths of my soul - as I wish.    We know truths and yet, some how we still forget His promises...


****
Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page, daily, so that you will not miss an entry.

1 comment:

  1. This is so hard and true, to remember that HE (Our Lord) isn't unfaithful, or our enemy... Just the opposite but I know I forget so often that He is the one and only that will never leave me, hurt me, love me and always carry me... and Still I can't keep that in the forefront of my life... Such a good switch up with the prompt words, excited as we go along...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...