Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

{day 20} Whispers of the Heart! :: temporary

.. . .. . .. . .. .. ... . .. .. . .. .. . . ... .. . .. .. . . . . .
It's been an awful long time since ever making a sandcastle. The reason being - just haven't been to the shore in a long, long time. That's all.
Geez - honestly?  I can hardly remember the last time I was to an ocean side.  I kid you not.

  But...maybe for you, that's not true.  You go quite often and you know what I'm talking about.

So - you pat the sand down hard in your bucket and turn it over.  Lift off...and there stands a "house" of sand...and you move on to make another.  And, another.  But, while not really paying attention... you didn't see the wave coming.  Before you know it.. your hard work was lost to the swirl of the masses and gone!
Just like that.

It's easy to see hear that phrase and know it's truth.
This too shall pass.
Not that we want it, to - always... but, in the moment of sand-castles it's rather disappointing, isn't it?  In light of trials and heartache...to say, "this too shall pass"... is saying - there is hope!
Our feelings are fickle. Our intentions shift. Our situations rearrange.  Hard times may become a thing of the past..
It all changes.  Nothing ever really stays the same.
Just like sand castles built on sand don't last, either.  It doesn't even have to be sand.
This could mean anything.

What will last?
Read these verses to understand more clearly...

…therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
~ 2 Corinthians 4:16-17

Heavenly Father.  I have no idea what made me think of sand-castles being something to illustrate life so fleeting. I don't even have a photo to illustrate.  Besides, anything and all of life is this... it's fleeting.  Lord, you know why it is I show this grouping of photos...how near and dear and yet how futile life really is. You know what is going on behind the scenes. Things we don't even know about.  Illness is an ugly thing. This too shall pass... probably sooner than later.  What a sad day that will be when our "castle-home" will be no more and yet you have our days' in your hand!
You have them numbered.  You know each one before it even comes to pass.  What a comfort  to be able to rest in this comforting promise..


How about you?  I wonder why it is we hold on so tightly to moments, to things, that will fade in time and lose their luster?  Do you ever wonder about this?

****


Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page, daily, so that you will not miss an entry.

1 comment:

  1. This one makes me wonder why some hang on tighter to things than others... I am one that tends to let go of things much easier than most of my family and I am talking about things.. I do have some things don't get me wrong, but not as much as most. I choose not to, because it actually weighs me down.. I do have some sentimental things that I can't part with, but the real deal is this... those things are NOT gonna bring a special time back, a loved one back period... I toted around a old video camera, guest list from my mom's funeral, and some other mementos for years... Finally, I passed them on to my sister.. unlike me she is more clingy to things... Im not cold hearted or anything, I just get bogged down when I have too much stuff.. and the older I get I think alot about what would my children do if I left them a mess to take care of.. I am sure some find this sad, or even odd but after cleaning out house after house of loved ones that have passed on, I find it sad how their whole life of belongings get sold, thrown out, or passed around.. I would rather leave loving memories and a book of words to each of my children more so than things such as glassware, clothing etc.. So that when a life altering moment occurs that they will feel that I am with them.. and just like it was said, things fade away like sand at the ocean, but love and kindness remains always..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...